suggestions for mesh boat bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if you are still looking or if you have already bought. I don't have much experience but a mesh boat bag was the first thing I bought on my first dive trip. After one day of carrying the huge vinyl bag that my LDS lent me with my rental gear I had a permanent mark on my shoulder and headed straight to the nearest dive shop. I have no idea what brand I bought but these are some things to think about:

a. back pack is more versatile and easier to carry
b. padded shoulder straps are better than not
c. solid bottom to keep your gear clean when you put it down in the sand BUT make sure you get a drain hole in the bottom if you go this way
d. separate compartment for dry stuff (sweaters/towels)
e. closing/opening mechanism - make sure it works, mine is a draw string and you have to knot it to keep it closed, also the ones with the side zips as well as the top openings look like they would be easier to get things in and out of
f. colour - almost everyone has black so if you can get a different colour it is easier to keep track of your stuff

Good luck.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom