Subsurface & Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What version of SS mobile are you using admikar? The beta 2.x or 1.x?

Dave

Anyone getting it to work on a Samsung S7? I've followed the Subsurface directions and Subsurface will not recognize my Perdix AI. Shearwater cloud works fine, but I want my Subsurface....[/QU

OK, so maybe it's an ID 10 T error :) -- I cleared all the temp & cache from my phone, turned off the bluetooth radio. Then rebooted phone, turned on the bluetooth radio, ran nRF Connect and bonded to the Perdix, THEN started Subsurface (just like the instructions said) it all works as advertised -- Running Verizon Samsung S7 Andriod 7.0 and Perdix AI with latest firmware -- I'm a happy camper with it now working..

Can you please report download issues with the beta version of Subsurface-mobile to subsurface@subsurface-divelog.org or post on Google Groups. That way they can be fixed in the next release.
In fact, please report anything that doesn't work as it should in Subsurface or Subsurface-mobile, especially if you're using a beta or testing version.

Will do! Now that I'm past the loose nut, it's working great!!!!

Can you please report download issues with the beta version of Subsurface-mobile to subsurface@subsurface-divelog.org or post on Google Groups. That way they can be fixed in the next release.
In fact, please report anything that doesn't work as it should in Subsurface or Subsurface-mobile, especially if you're using a beta or testing version.
!

Neilwood, you have a S7 and a perdix?

Dave
Yes I have an S7 and a Perdix AI.

Using the Nordic Nrf app on my phone was the important bit for me - I could get it paired but not bonded without it.

odd but i'll keep that in mind. Do you need to run this app every time you sync or just the initial type you pair/bond?

Dave

Curious, does the non AI perdix not use LE Bluetooth? Reason I ask is that I am running win10 64 bit w/ SS 4.6.4 and it sees my perdix (Non AI) perfectly and syncs as designed. I'm running an ASUS Q503UA.

Curious, does the non AI perdix not use LE Bluetooth? Reason I ask is that I am running win10 64 bit w/ SS 4.6.4 and it sees my perdix (Non AI) perfectly and syncs as designed. I'm running an ASUS Q503UA.
I understand that the original non AI Perdix can use either Bluetooth or Bluetooth LE. Later Perdixes, and all Perdix AIs only suppory Bluetooth LE.

Roger that thank you. So the dive computer picks which to use or can i somehow specify? I'd love to do some testing as I "may" get a perdix AI also.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom