Subsurface S/W and the Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MargaritaMike

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not having a high confidence level in the Shearwater Cloud Desktop, I decided to download the Subsurface software for Windows. When I tried to configure and link to my Perdix via Bluetooth it would not link. Am I missing something?
Any assistance is appreciated.
Cheers - M²

Not having a high confidence level in the Shearwater Cloud Desktop, I decided to download the Subsurface software for Windows. When I tried to configure and link to my Perdix via Bluetooth it would not link. Am I missing something?
Cheers - M²
Unfortunately, Subsurface for Windows can’t talk Bluetooth LE to the Perdix AI yet. Your best bet is to either
Use Subsurface-mobile for Android to connect to the Perdix and download dives then sync to cloud

OR

Use the older Shearwater Desktop to download dives to Windows, export the dives as XML and import to Subsurface

I’ve done both successfully. The 2nd method used to drop the detailed air usage but the latest updates have supposedly resolved that issue

Cheers - M²
As @Saicho says, Subsurface doesn't support Bluetooth LTE at the moment (it is being worked upon AFAIK).

That leaves other options:
1) Subsurface (android app) works perfectly to transfer the logs to the cloud (which can then be read by the desktop version). I have found that following the subsurface guide (including using nRF Connect to bond) works well
2) Use SW desktop and export it but as said, you may lose some info. SW desktop will connect no problem to the perdix
3) Divelog AFAIK works as well to download and then export.

Thank for the input. I'll play around with it to see what I can screw up. :oops::D
Cheers - M²

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom