Subsurface Bouy Underwater Exploration Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, the team conquered the GPS and the bouys and the lines. Katekicks, Wildcard, and Onfloat, and I. The "team" backed out of the slip with one of the bow lines cleated off. No biggy. Then I forgot the cooler. Finally, we were on our way, had to beat the commercial boats to the bouy.

I just lost my whole post, what a drag.

Basically, Tom (onfloat) went in a cave and a big shark came along while I was waiting for him, swam right past me and in to the dark cave withTom. Tom swam out.

Pretty funny if you were there.

DSC_0125-1.jpg

collage8.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0063-2.jpg

DSC_0068-3.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0032-5.jpg

DSC_0101-3.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

That guy was at least 6 feet...

Now, are those High Tops DIR? because I am thinking maybe they aren't.

catherine96821:
Well, the team conquered the GPS and the bouys and the lines.

I just lost my whole post, what a drag.
Yes it is.
catherine96821:
Basically, Tom (onfloat) went in a cave and a big shark came along while I was waiting for him, swam right past me and in to the dark cave withTom. Tom swam out.

Pretty funny if you were there.
I was:D

Great pictures!!!!

catherine96821:
That guy was at least 6 feet...
I know he was a mask full. I thought he was trying to give me a kiss.

catherine96821:
Now, are those High Tops DIR? because I am thinking maybe they aren't.
Rule #6:wink:

yes, captured the dive anyway...

You are easy to shoot because you are collected and willing to look at the camera.

Wish I had the chance to take some of KK and WC on the plane but...next time.

What did he do when he saw you, anyway? Bet he was scared. Funny that he did not swim away and came out and circled, almost like he wanted you outta his crib.

Cool report... I hate it when Scubaboard eats your report like that.... but then again the pictures tell the story

So how many drysuit divers are there in Hawaii? :)

I think he was surprised. He looked like he was just trying to duck in and had a look like "What the he**!!" I know that's the look I had. I was looking back in the hole to see if one was back there and did not expect him to come in as I was getting ready to leave.

Ben_ca:
Cool report... I hate it when Scubaboard eats your report like that.... but then again the pictures tell the story

So how many drysuit divers are there in Hawaii? :)

that...one...this DIR guy that tries to fit in.

he is great buddy material though, doubles and all. Like an underwater filling station. Funny, I was using JB's reg and the gauge is so strange. The scale is different. The lower you get on air, the smaller the scale is...so it looked like I had 500 when I had 1000, etc. I could not see the numbers. So...I was following Tom around very closely but then I realized that I had plenty. I have not seen a gauge like that. Mine...the scale is even. Hope he does not notice I whacked the back of his Sea Cure mouthpiece off with a knike.
did not expect him to come in as I was getting ready to leave.

I would have liked to have seen that. Did you put your light in his face? JB has a light that he stunned me with the other night...some warfare thing. I couldn't see anything for like 40 minutes.

Those sharks are ID'd by those black spots , you know. Nick Whitney might like some new pics. I have never just seen one shark there. Usually there are several if any.

DSC_0069-3.jpg

I would be scared to death to wear a bag that could fill with water, like a sea anchor.

Brain and kathy have new drysuits, did you know that?

So...i guess i am the only one that doesn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom