Submarine hits underwater mountain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eVIDENTLY GOT TO DRUNK. bUT T6HOSE THAT MIGHT BE INTERRESTED IN A NEW WAY EXPLORING, PLEASE RESPOND.
nEW ENERGY SOURCES ARE, OR SHOULD BE ATLEAST FOREMOST IN OUR MINDS?

By the way, Idid change this topic, but it had the srange mirror image of A POST, THAT SEEMS TO HAVE DISSAPEARED, (SORRY HIT THAT cAP BUTTON AGAIN(,
tHE POINT IS, where the hell did my post go to, one of my first ones, you know about how it might have been some responsibilty of th USS Sanfresico.
By the way I think I have some plot of a solution?

But am getting aged, please inquire before I try to figure something else out...

Life in general, deserves a General, ! please give me your wonderous thoughts...

I'll bet mine are more indepth, but I welcome your ponderings just the same.
come onplease have a symphony of discriptions why I could be wrong.
We tend to seek, if we tend to fail, we end up being your kids future, I won't accept that.
I chose to be more awake, and vigilantly seeking.,

Who is this non-diving multi-poster immediately above, and why is he still allowed to post?

Whale Whisperer:
Running a Fathometer in "Secure mode" is virtually undetectable by anyone in the vicinity of the vessel. You'd have to be directly under the transducer to hear anything at all. But going "Active" on sonar will be detected for miles which is what submarines avoid, to maintain their stealthyness.

Unfortunatly I worked on that same submarine before they set sail. When I returned home my friend told me to check out the news and was totally shocked! Submarines cannot visually see what's in front of them, but they do run their fathometer at predetermined intervals to help determine where they are on the chart.

The problem here In my humble opinion is the "Human Factor". How accurate was the chart (there's alot of ocean out there to cover)? How well was the ship's voyage planned out? Was the ship's path going over any shallowing water? Did anyone raise the flag about anything unusual on the chart?
How vigilant were the watchstanders? You can have all the latest technology within your disposal, but that equipment was developed by Humans, and humans are operating that equipment. Stuff happens, and it happens in this case more than you may think...
There is a lengthy discussion in the lower update at the link provided above. Seems that the sub's team had been written up for related shortcomings, and that a sounding might have been prudent after dropping in depth by an additional 125 feet. Also explains a lot more about chart use failures on that vessel. Well, it is an interesting read, but I've never been on a sub, so I don't know? http://ahoy.tk-jk.net/macslog/NuclearSubmarineUSSSanFra.html

Damn it , I ran out of my stash, whatever it might be.,..
Although I still have my witts about me.
Question me on my theories, if you think that you may be able to.

i think Dr. Quest is a comic book supervillan

and i zap him with the Ray of Common Sense

Zapp-Ray-Gun.jpg

imprisoned at last in my quartz signet, Dr. Quest can only speak his bewitching enchantments

Gotham City is safe again, Dandy Don

and this is going to be free to all of mankind, would you find fault in that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom