stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine bought 100 on ebay for under $40.
He's real happy with them.
Green is the brightest

Damselfish:
(Should you ever find yourself in Bonaire, they long ago banned chemical glowsticks because of litter and pollution concerns.)

Sooo, the $64,000 question is.... What happens to all the dead batteries that are used in the battery powered replacements?? Do they have proper recycling facilities for the various battery types?

A side note, while I hate glowsticks, they are great to have during power outages.

My LDS is planing a trip to Bonair for the fall and we were discussing this issue the other day. They said that as far as batteries go, they have a carry it in carry it out policy which is posted all over the place. I have not been there myself so I will have to take my LDS' wisdom on this issue as true.

MikeC:
Sooo, the $64,000 question is.... What happens to all the dead batteries that are used in the battery powered replacements?? Do they have proper recycling facilities for the various battery types?

I suspect most of the islands prefer you take your batteries home. As far as the marker lights the batteries might last your whole trip anyway depending how many night dives you do, but you can sure generate alot of batteries from regular lights. Anyone tried regular rechargeable batteries in lights that don't specifically come that way? NIMH or NiCAD? Is there a reason not to?

Brian, everyone here has seriously misled you. The lightsticks MUST be OMS, and you MUST special order them from El Mar. :)

Or, REI (in Tempe) is where I buy mine. If you can't find any sticks in AJ, gimme a shout and I'll dig a handful out of my stash for you.

I got my glowsticks in walmart's camping section. They were a dollar a piece. I would suggest ebay, if you have enough time to allow for shipping.

In the Vatican Museum there are bins provided for disposal of old batteries - not something I've noticed elsewhere.

K.

Back
Top Bottom