stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiverAZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some glowsticks for a dive. Can I just pick up any ole glo stick or does it need to be a specialized underwater one as not to pollute anything?

newdiverAZ:
I need some glowsticks for a dive. Can I just pick up any ole glo stick or does it need to be a specialized underwater one as not to pollute anything?

El cheap'o work great. Just dispose of them properly.

Gary D.

Actually, that's a very good question. Here's a stupid answer though: make sure you don't buy used ones. :wink:

Zippsy:
Actually, that's a very good question. Here's a stupid answer though: make sure you don't buy used ones. :wink:

Why not? They last longer without changing brightness.

:54:

newdiverAZ:
k next stupid question. where can I buy some
Another dumb answer: the army surplus shops on South Bridge Road above the hawker centre. A better answer: Do you have any army surplus or camping stores near you? Try them.

p.s. - good one Gary.

Zippsy:
Another dumb answer: the army surplus shops on South Bridge Road above the hawker centre. A better answer: Do you have any army surplus or camping stores near you? Try them.

p.s. - good one Gary.

was hoping maybe walmart, but can't find anything on their website

newdiverAZ:
k next stupid question. where can I buy some

Like at da store!!!

hehehe

Check with local hardware stores and party supply places. They shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks each and be good for around 12 hours. Some longer some shorter.

Be careful with military surplus. Take extras because they may not all work.

Gary D.

ps: and what Scubaroo said.

If your dive shop doesn't have them a camping/outdoors type place might (and maybe cheaper.)

If you're going to use these often enough you might think about getting one of the little battery lights meant as glowstick replacements. You can get them mailorder for $10, glowsticks are usually at least $1 apiece. (Should you ever find yourself in Bonaire, they long ago banned chemical glowsticks because of litter and pollution concerns.)

Back
Top Bottom