stupid newbie/snorkling/knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKdivemaster:
i carry a small blunt ended (but sharp) knife tie-wrapped around my BCD inflator hose -

Which is unusual as most Brits carry adjustable spanner wrenches.

If you want to look cool, just strap on a BC, a Tank, and a set of Regs and that will do the trick.
For snorkeling, I would think the whole holding your breath thing wouldnt help if you really had to use the knife... you wouldnt have too much control over the knife and yourself if you couldnt breath.
Whatever you need to do to get yourself breathing underwater, you should do it. skip the snorkel all together

No- the big knife thing is definitely NOT in my genetic code. I can't even make it through a week without falling, banging my head or cutting myself. Therefore, I should not be allowed to dive with any potential weapon larger than a paper clip. And even then, I must be supervised.

:)

I suppose if my paperclip were large enough it might make me look cool- but then again, there's that "girl" thing. Maybe it's easier for a girl to look cool wearing an oversized paperclip. I'll have to bring it up at the girls dive weekend...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom