5:30am is a lovely time to check in for an angiogram!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have another appointment in a couple of weeks to talk to my Cardiologist about the leg angio, or maybe we'll do it then - I don't know yet.
Ok, so that chat went well I guess. Did I mention that my cardiologist is gorgeous? :narcosis: She scheduled me for the leg probe this coming Wednesday, or maybe it's the first one as we may do separate exams on the two. I may not have paid attention well or maybe she wasn't sure until she talks with her male colleague who will do it. This one goes in thru the groin so I hope the tranquilizer is fast & strong. I'll learn what he decided to do when I come around later. And this time for sure no driving for a day or more, so quality time with the great grankids! 😝

I bet that they don't actually remove your hip and replace the whole joint.

seems fairly extensive to me....

1644678920662.jpeg

1644678991901.jpeg

Nah, I don't think so. Some folks like being able to see their faraway relatives' headstone photos online since they are too far away to visit in person, so Findagrave.com volunteers organize those by cemeteries. We do that as an honor to those who have come before and gone. Check your own ancestors and look. I hope their photos have been uploaded. If you can't find them, message me and I'll research them.

I'm working on a cemetery 40 miles away now, row by row shooting photos for those listed who have not been photographed, but a half-mile of roaming per trip is about all I can handle, and I'm slow. I'll shoot photos of all in a family group, then check their names and load them if there not there yet. I've added almost 200 new memorials so far and got the percentage photographed from 86 to 91 so making progress. I even get thankyous on the site at times. Some like to shoot photos of all of the markers in a cemetery to make sure no one is missed, but I won't be up to that even in nice weather and a better leg. It has over 6K graves.

My home cemetery I work closer. I was bothered by how many unmarked graves I found comparing records to my surveys so I started making concrete makers with their names & years to deliver. I found instructions for building 2"x4" frames for 80# markers and the best place to order imprint letters and numbers, got a 80# bag of mix in Lubbock, and made one. My local stores carry only 60# bags of the mix I use tho so I made a couple of frames that fit those and made a few before quickly downsizing to two 30# frames which I use for longer names (I like to include maiden names when known) and three 20# frames so I could make them faster. I've made about 250 to 300. For recent burials, I wait a couple of years as I don't want to rush families, then if they haven't by then, I do. If they add a professional marker later, they can trash mine, but they usually keep both.

Every year or so I like to drive downstate to visit ancestors here and there, it's a nice three-day road trip, leaving fresh artificial flowers. Many of their old markers are getting weathered as well at risk under trees, so I made them additional flat markers that can survive anything. I've tested them driving over them with big pickups. Nothing happens.

An odd hobby perhaps, but not creepy.

Interesting, kind and very compassionate. Good for you Don, good for you.

I hope that you can get your legs taken care of so that they are fixed. It would be a shame if you had to give up your hikes and this good works. Thank you

I hope that you can get your legs taken care of so that they are fixed. It would be a shame if you had to give up your hikes and this good works. Thank you
I made it worse by letting my heels crack so bad that they hurt the worst. My regular NP is out on maternity leave so I saw a new one, the daughter of a family friend, and she put me onto O'Keefee's Healthy Feet which is helping. I still went back to my project cemetery last Wednesday to make a couple of loops seeking out graves listed but not photographed, 1600 feet plus about that much more checking names and lining up shots, avoiding falls by tripping in sunken spots, maybe 6/10s of a mile. At least no snakes out in the winter. I almost stepped on a rattler once backing up for a shot. Thursday was rough. I've done a general survey of 95% of the park now, but I'm about to get into the cheapest and oldest plots with difficult to read markers plus lots of Old Mexico style decorations. I'll wander, shoot, and do my best. I've added about 270 new listings but still increased photographed rates from 85% to 93% so I'm making progress. Who knows what good I'm actually doing, but some anecdotal stories I read at times of families finding long lost members are encouraging. I'll have to warn the medical team to avoid touching my soles as they're still tender.

I got to sleep until 3am before #2 today. Drove 75 miles (I go slow; like to save on gas), parked at my daughters house, then met my Uber as they both had other demands at 6am and Uber is easy. I got to the Cardo lab before 6:30am, checked in, got naked, then put on their gown and non-slip socks. The socks are one-time use so I take those home for unknown reasons other than being raised by survivors of the Great Depression & Dust Bowl. That gown is for false modesty tho as they are going to expose me several times for shaving, then the procedures, but it seems appropriate. They've all seen plenty of old, naked, fat dudes before tho so wouldn't notice anyway. My room and the lab are kept cold, but they preheat their blankets and were generous.

Got three stents and a few angioplasties this time, and I felt great when I came to, drunk - but great. My daughter showed up before the doctor left and got his report, I got out, and we hit Ihop for lunch. After a nap, I was sober and felt great. With three leg stints, a few angioplasties, no problems, you'd expect great Results. I should wait a few days before I try any foot races tho. Their rules say not to drive for 24 hours, I figure that's to protect them, but then there is always a chance of a problem so I guess I should have stayed in Lubbock until tomorrow. I will next time.

Third andiogram all done, two more stints, already feel better than before. Lunch and nap to follow. 👍

I'm trying to understand the need for the stents and angioplasty. Is the idea that you were having pain in your calves and that was attributed to poor blood circulation? If so, can you describe the pain?

Is the idea that you were having pain in your calves and that was attributed to poor blood circulation?
Yeah, and some blockages. It's common. Leg Pain
If so, can you describe the pain?
Just sore muscles from walking. My orthopedic referred me to the cardiologist to see if I was healthy enough for knee surgery, who ordered x-rays and more, which showed blockages. She did the angiogram on my chest first, which was clear, then we did first one leg, then another. So much better now. My orthopedic gave me a shot of Durolane at the beginning which made the knee so much better, repeating that in May, but think I may go ahead with the knee replacement surgery in Oct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom