Stupid Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those divers not familiar with Maine, Nubble Point (Cape Neddick) is a protected cove used by many dive shops for OW training because overall the site is an easy dive. The rocks can be slippery at low tide and if you swim out far enough, you will have deep options, but lots of easy shallow and moderate depth options, minimal currents and protected from heavy surge most of the time. The only other danger the site presents is the occasional lumbering lobster boat, but they are noisy and easy to avoid.

If you are going to solo, it is a pretty nice location.

I wanted to add that something good came out of this embarrassing experience for me. I now know that they make chest wader felts that can be glued onto the bottoms of your dive boots and dry suit boots. They sell them at Kittery Trading Post and at Cabela's. The next time I get to Nubble I am going to have a pair of these to try out. It may solve the problem of slipping if it works.

If he had died, I suppose the cause of death would have been listed as solo diving...

Yes, it probably would have. The press always seems to name any deaths when engaging in the sport as a dive accident. Many of these would have occurred at a different time anyway.

Someone having a heart attack while playing golf or running is labeled as a heart attack. Someone having one while diving is labeled a dive accident.

Everyone has a favorite spot somewhere that is similar
to someone else's favorite spot that is somewhere else.

We have Cape Schanck.

With a semi sheltered cove on one side, and a channel
and cut ins with various sized boulder like basalt pebbles
clackering around in the swell and surge on the other.

Some folks have come to grief here. Not divers.

But the most likely cause in most cases, and it certainly feels that way

Is the one mile boardwalk and steps and track up the three hundred foot cliff back to the lighthouse.

But sometimes progress is good, because before the boardwalk

Not just the diving here, was an incredibly taxing day long saga
Even with a never ending supply of non diving Sherpa friends.

When diving was fun and divers viewed with some trepidation

the people capable and flash

When we permitted it to be simple:goingdown:

Solo cooking? Yer gonna die for sure!

Just never hold your breath in the kitchen & you'll be fine.........:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom