Stuff inside your drysuit pockets - how to attach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Help me understand why someone would lop off a big solid D-ring and and replace it with bungee?

Thanks -

K

First because you can clip more stuff onto a cord, secondly because with 2 cords you can have a seperation of stuff; you don't have to drag all your trash out to get something, only half of it :)

WW

Mo2vation once bubbled...
I've sort of gathered that. There is likely a good reason for that (there usually is) but I haven't seen it yet. To me, a rigid, predictable, easy-to-locate clip off seems to make more sense.

I can find it easier, clip off is a breeze... Help me understand why someone would lop off a big solid D-ring and and replace it with bungee?

Thanks -

K
...I have the DUI pockets with the rings too and I just left them in there. I added one bungee loop to each pocket on the front edge and clip off to those. I figure I will leave the rings since they aren't in my way and I may want to use them for something one day.

Maybe I will start using one cord and the ring...like something I rarely use (backup mask) on the ring and the other stuff on the cord...hmm...

O-ring once bubbled...

...I have the DUI pockets with the rings too and I just left them in there. I added one bungee loop to each pocket on the front edge and clip off to those. I figure I will leave the rings since they aren't in my way and I may want to use them for something one day.

Maybe I will start using one cord and the ring...like something I rarely use (backup mask) on the ring and the other stuff on the cord...hmm...

I also left my rings in, but added two cords per pocket. The only thing I use the ring for is my pee thru bolt spare (also the only place I use a tie-wrap)

WW

If you're carrying a lot of bulky stuff (like a mask, bags, multiple spools, and the whole diveshop GI3 carries) I can see having a bungee loop I can stretch out to a foot and sort of shower curtian all my crapola to it.

But for me and the little amount of stuff I schlep on a dive, I can't see going to 2 bungees, conceiving and executing a whole hiarchy for my stuff to try to root through with 3mm gloves. Sounds too much like the dry cleaners rack.

I understand it, its just not for me.

Thanks -

K

I was at a hardware store about two hours ago...actually saw what a grommet kit looks like.

What "width" are you guys using? I would assume the narrowest possible to make sure the actual grommet sits snug against the fabric, but do you have an idea of what that measurement might be?

Thanks,
KKM

You inspired me tonight to try this. 3/4 flat tubing from Home Depot (in DIR black, of course...)

I didn't have a spare bolt snap, but I had a spare medium double-ender. Works quite well.

Good idea!

K

I would like to add pockets to my drysuit (Mobby's tri/quad lam) and wonder if there is any problem with putting pockets on different drysuit materials? This seemed like a good thread to ask it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom