Stuck in Scottsdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
I might be stuck in the Phoenix area over the weekend. I say might because everything changes and there's no telling until I'm actually stuck there. And by stuck, I mean that I might have to wait over until Monday.

So... just wondering about diving. I see threads on Lake Pleasant- is that NW of the Phoenix area?

Anyone diving this weekend? I have all my gear except tanks (which I don't own) and weight belt/weights (which I left in pir8s car when I dove Dutch Springs). My wetsuit is a 7-6-5 so I might need to rent a 3 mil- or do you guys dive sans wetsuit? I read some of the archived L.P. conditions posts- 75-80 degrees?

I'm in an 82-foot-long truck. I know a few places I can park around the I 10 I 17 split- a couple truck stops west of there, but they tend to be pretty full, so there are also some industrial areas I would be okay with leaving the truck. Basically, I would need a ride!

If you want to check up on me- I've been diving with erparamedic, justleesa, Notso_Ken, pir8, caroln, komi hunter, sea nmf and krjohnson (I think that's his user name!). Probably a couple other SBers now but I can't rack my brain this early in the morning!

I'm just putting the feelers out there! I would love to go diving if I can swing it!

I'm going diving early early Friday morning, are you going to be in town by then?

I dove pleasant last weekend to try a new computer I bought. I did not wear a wetsuit but there was a serious thermocline inversion layer at 32' that made going beyond that depth pretty chilly (imagine that in AZ during July). The temp drop was so exteme my son kept cramping up so we stayed at < 32' and were comfortable. I would wear a 2 or 3 mil shorty next time. The vis was pretty bad also at that point and we did not dive well enough below it to see if it improved.

'Bob

AZ Desert Diver:
I'm going diving early early Friday morning, are you going to be in town by then?

If I'm in town Friday, I won't be diving. The whole deal hinges on whether or not I make it to a delivery at a business on Friday during business hours. It's up in the air right now- especially considering I'm sitting on the Grapevine (the big hill on I 5 north of L.A.) with a blown coolant hose (waiting on the service truck).

Thanks for the offer!

Rudebob:
I dove pleasant last weekend to try a new computer I bought. I did not wear a wetsuit but there was a serious thermocline inversion layer at 32' that made going beyond that depth pretty chilly (imagine that in AZ during July). The temp drop was so exteme my son kept cramping up so we stayed at < 32' and were comfortable. I would wear a 2 or 3 mil shorty next time. The vis was pretty bad also at that point and we did not dive well enough below it to see if it improved.

'Bob

Thanks for the info. I figured my 7 mil would be a little overkill! I could have used it in Hawaii, though!

Send me a PM once you find out if you're stuck here for the weekend. We hadn't planned on going to the lake, but this would be a good excuse. We have plenty of tanks and weights and are always up for a dive. Water temp as of last weekend was 82 until the thermocline. Keep us posted and we'll see what we can do for you.

booth22:
Send me a PM once you find out if you're stuck here for the weekend. We hadn't planned on going to the lake, but this would be a good excuse. We have plenty of tanks and weights and are always up for a dive. Water temp as of last weekend was 82 until the thermocline. Keep us posted and we'll see what we can do for you.

GREAT! Right now I'm totally on schedule to be there Friday, so it's not likely. After yesterday's "coolant hose catastrophe" who knows, though, right? BTW, it's all fixed up now.

Update- I got all my stuff done on Friday and parked for the night. Left out around 4 am Phoenix time... and it was 80 degrees... how do you guys do it?

I'm up in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, now... and, no, I'm not diving. Though it is tempting to just stay here tomorrow... nah- I want to go home! I gotta get going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom