Straps & Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feetfirst

Reaction score
My latest shore dives were nightmares because I couldn't get my fins on or off easily standing on coral being pounded by the surf.
What straps/buckles work best for this? I'm afraid of the homemade spring straps - won't the whole thing pop off and get lost? Also, the ABS systems take more finger muscles than I've got to snap? But at least the pieces don't fall off and get lost. Any advice?

Spring straps have been one of the best things I've added to my equipment. They are easy to put on and take off and are VERY durable, and fast.

Don't know where you got your info on the spring straps, but I certainly trust them a lot more than any rubber strap.

Try them, you can always change them out if they don't meet your expectations.....

Feetfirst once bubbled...
I'm afraid of the homemade spring straps - won't the whole thing pop off and get lost?

"Pop off?" The springs are attached to the fin with a steel S hook which is then clamped shut. The only way those suckers are coming off is if the steel rusts all the way through...and I think you'd notice that long before it broke.

Back
Top Bottom