Strange Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The last couple of days I've run into something strange and wonder if it's a bug or a time out issue?

I'll run my new posts and start perusing the list that's usually a few pages long. But I'll get to a point where I'll finish a thread and back page to get to the search results list and now all the threads are no longer bolded, and they no longer have the go to the first new post icon seemingly indicating that I'm looking at old posts.

I haven't been able to identify anything different that I've started doing. The only thing I can think of is that there's a time out default that's kicking when I get engrossed in a particularly long thread maybe?

Marc

Basically you are spending too much time on the board! Ok, just kidding :joke: As you are reading posts time is elabsing on your session and when you reach a certain point, your activity time is updated thus setting all threads to new. I recommend that you open up threads in a new window first then go back and read through them if you feel you will need mroe than 15 minutes on any one topic.

FLL Diver:
The last couple of days I've run into something strange and wonder if it's a bug or a time out issue?

I'll run my new posts and start perusing the list that's usually a few pages long. But I'll get to a point where I'll finish a thread and back page to get to the search results list and now all the threads are no longer bolded, and they no longer have the go to the first new post icon seemingly indicating that I'm looking at old posts.

I haven't been able to identify anything different that I've started doing. The only thing I can think of is that there's a time out default that's kicking when I get engrossed in a particularly long thread maybe?

Marc

I discovered this morning after being called away from the computer that the new board will also time out your search list and deletes the search results for new posts after a period of time. I thought I could avoid the orginal problem by parking on the list instead of inside a post

Anyway that this can be changed? Not so much becasue I get called away, but with the old board I could save my new post search list and come back to the site hours later and continue on where I left off without missing anything.

Marc

Nope, thats how things work to keep the board running faster and reduce the amount of excess bloat. Not every change in the software prooved good for the users but it's all designed to make the forum better for preformance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom