Storm is expected to arrive in the Philippines in the next day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
The following link will allow you to read about the Typhoon expected to arrive in the Philippines in the next 24 hours.

PAGASA - DOST - DOST SERVICE INSTITUTES

Our small operation has ceased boat operations in order to move the boat to a safe harbor... Other operators may continue to operate for a while longer. Check with your dive operator for further information...

Cheers,
Roger

The Lovely Young Kat (my bride of 31 years) and I are praying for y'all.
Rick

Roger-------hoping for the best for ya'll...Being from Louisiana, we know what these things can do.....Hope both Cebu & Negros turn out OK.......Keep us posted, & hunker down.....

Well the storm has past and we did not really feel anything but a few strong winds and a little heavy rain, Dumaguette and Siquijor experienced heavier winds and rain than us.. It back to diving later today :)

Our thoughts are with the folks in Mindanao who experienced the full force of the storm..

Cheers,
Roger

That's good news Roger! I'm actually waiting for some confirmations from Mindanao, but I realize they're busy with more pressing matters than answering emails!

Good to hear Roger...it's amazing what sometimes 50 to a hundred miles makes on these storms.....

i have a week or so planned around dumaguete and apo island coming up in a few weeks. also have a friend living in tambobo bay who is hard to get in touch with under the best of circumstances whom i was planning to drop in on. can someone post an area dive/reef damage status here when available? thanks - rc

This typhoon is NOT finished yet. It is still hanging around and threaten to make a U turn!!!!
Keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom