Storing Gear in Outdoor Shed or Cabinet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to live in a small leather shoe-box shoved into the back of a musty old closet in an old broken down..............
Then you took an arrow to the knee, I mean got evicted?

Seriously now......build a loft bed with storage underneath.
That's actually a good idea. I believe ikea sells what is basically the top half of a bunk bed with a large storage area under it in place of the bottom bunk. One could build such a thing, although it might not look as nice... or it might look nicer if you're super handy.

I once saw one in an NYC studio apt where you walked through the the center (short-ways) with a desk/bookcase to the right and a closet to the left, made with teak veneer and "hallway" lighting. but it had 15' ceilings, probably not something you'd find in FL..

Loft Beds - IKEA

These are what I was talking about.

Example: upload_2018-8-14_14-38-42.jpeg

Loft Beds - IKEA

These are what I was talking about.

Example: View attachment 474455

OK by me, although I would extend the platform to allow for maybe a 2' wide landing with ample height for standing at the foot of the bed, (to the left @ the ladder) then replace ladder with a much shorter and wider (2') proper stair with more storage underneath, so instead of having to clammer up and down a steep ladder, you would walk up a short flight of proper stairs with banister on the wall side to a short landing where you sit down, take your shoes, and get into bed. The obverse of this would be, when you wake up drunk and have to pee, you simply stand up at the foot of the bed and stumble down a proper set of stairs with a proper banister.

Last edited:
This what I was thinking....with scuba stuff underneath instead of kids.

3154812526_1342629050.jpg

I have kept all my gear in an outdoor storage shed like the one you show, except for my regs and suits. I am in Southern California and have less bug/humid problems. All other gear has been outside for 20+ years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom