Storing Gear in Outdoor Shed or Cabinet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in a room at my parents... Moving outs happening in like 2 years, so soon enough

I have 2 sidemount tanks under my bed, 2 doubled 63s ontop of a desser next to bed. 2 stage 40s behind my hanger rack. 4 more al80 singles behind the boiler in the back of the house. Bp/w under my work desk across the house. My 2 wetsuits are god knows where, dry suit is in laundry room. And then my sidemount stuff in some random closet with other things.

I want to centralize everything in one neat place. Where i dont have to spend 40 min just getting evrything i need.

I only have a bedroom/bathroom to store all my stuff. Luckily I have a walk-in closet which I keep two Rubbermaid containers that have my dive gear in it they stack under my shirts/pants easy enough.

I have much more fishing gear than scuba. 20+ fishing poles are stored in the corner of closet. I have 3 Rubbermaid’s for line, lures, extra reels etc. throughout my room. Which for now is not a problem but I’m sure it will get interesting once me and the Miss. move in together.

I have an entire bedroom for my dive gear. The last place I lived I had an entire bedroom for my dive gear, but I did leave room on the floor for a doggie bed. Currently my room is referred to as "the dive shop." I do, however, keep my tanks and compressor in a shed but that's in case of oil leakage on the compressor, and the tanks probably won't care but I may need to replace valve O-rings more often. There is also a box of "parts" such as bands for doubles and some old scuba backpacks but it's pretty much all stuff that won't be affected by heat and humidity.

M my regs i would most likely keep in a pelican case, tanks i was wondering about corrosion on valves. Wet suits and bcd i dont know what could happen to them.

I really need to sort this out to. How it is is not an option anymore.

OK I'm feeling better now about my scuba obsession...

M my regs i would most likely keep in a pelican case, tanks i was wondering about corrosion on valves. Wet suits and bcd i dont know what could happen to them.

I really need to sort this out to. How it is is not an option anymore.

You might consider keeping your wetsuit/bcd/regs/misc indoors somewhere and tanks outdoors in some semi protected area. You do have a large number of tanks from the sound of it. Something along the lines of a shed in a shaded area might be okay. Lots of shops store tanks outdoors, I always picture the side of the Extreme Exposure shop in High Springs when I think of this for some reason.

or.. like I said above.. get proper storage offsite. It's not free, but it will solve the problem.

I have 2 120’s, 2 100’s, 2 80’s, 2 13’s, 2 19’s and a 30 all along one side of a queen bed and there is room for several rubbermaids on the other if needed. My bed is high but you can purchase risers for beds to give more room.

Attachments

• 4C6881D8-87E0-4365-B6EC-7A916250520C.jpeg
    4C6881D8-87E0-4365-B6EC-7A916250520C.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29
I used to live in a small leather shoe-box shoved into the back of a musty old closet in an old broken down..............

Back
Top Bottom