Storing equipment for long time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I"m still trying to decide either to take the gear or not (and no, I dont have tanks as we have TONS of diving shops here which rent tanks for nothing). If I will take it, than it will be only the reg, BCD and the 5.5mm wetsuit. I will leave the summer suit (3/2mm) and the weights here. The problem is that, as I"m going to France to study, I'm not sure how much time I will have to dive. And as I will be coming back to Israel for vocation on the summer, and will dive here for sure, it dont want to be carrying my gear back and forth.

I have relocated abroad on a few occasions. Leave the equipment in Israel. Since you're going as a student I will assume you don't have a fat allowance for relocating; luggage space and expense is probably a consideration and you will have other priorities, like clothing for 4 seasons in France. Coupling that with the fact that diving in Israel is much better than in France (not that I've done either) and you will probably not miss your gear.

If I had a year in France I'd use my spare time to pursue...French girls. :wink:

Vladimir, I dont think my wife will like the idea of me chasing French gals :)

I left my gear stored for about four years in my closet. I washed everything inside and out, suits, BC, regs all of it. kept it in a climate controlled area, and when I resumed diving,it was all in gfreat condition. May want to use a little sillicone grease on the Orings of the BC. Inspect it all before using. I had a little yellowing of the mask skirt, but it was still soft. and don't forget the most important piece of gear, YOU. After taking a break, I feel it is a good idea to take a refresher course to clear those cob webs. I had to take a break because I really didn't have a dive buddy. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom