Store your equipment in your vehicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am just trying to find out if anyone on here is using a pickup to store all of there equipment. If so have you made any thing that can pull out and make things in the back a little bit reachable?

I am trying to find a nice way of storing all my PD equipment in the back of my patrol vehicle and still be able to get to it all.

I have searched the DIY area and have found nothing. I was hoping that posting something here would get me so place.

Thanks

How about this?

23.jpg

I know this is for a work truck but there is no reason why this could not have dive gear on it. I thought I had seen a setup from a fire department who had a command truck set up this way. I will look and see if I can find it.

http://www.cargobed.com

Mark

Dang....that would be nice. All of my gear still has to go into the trunk of a crown vic. We put a lot of extras on our rescue truck but all the essentials have to ride with me, my trainee and our nightly haul of prisoners.

Dang....that would be nice. All of my gear still has to go into the trunk of a crown vic. We put a lot of extras on our rescue truck but all the essentials have to ride with me, my trainee and our nightly haul of prisoners.

I can still stuff two in the back. :D

Gary D.

if your in a pickup, with a camper, search google, i think i searched Scuba gear storage for a truck, i was trying to be able to hold all my gear in the back of a 1985 Toyota pickup, so when someone dropped something i was ready to go, and then charge them an arm and a leg to get it, unfortunately i was only able to charge them 1/2 of item value other wise i felt bad :p

I used a bedslide on my company truck for over ten years, it worked great. My personal truck has a fiberglass lid on it that makes access to the front of the bed tough.

I went to the local mega hardware store (Home Depot), and bought two large (2'x3') mixing tubs. These are plastic tubs used for mixing small batches of concrete or mortar. Cheap. They sit side by side at the front of the truck and they're full of dive gear and team gear. Tanks fit inside w/BC attatched. Each has a rope attatched that reaches to the tailgate of the truck. On scene, I can simply pull them to the tailgate and start suiting up.

Back
Top Bottom