Stolen Turtle fins...Porteau cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkmasterbc

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thouroughly disgusted...A friend of mine was teaching OW today (June17th) at Porteau Cove...he put his fins (turtles) down in front of his car while certifing some students (about 30 min), SOMEONE NICKED (stole) THEM. this is un acceptable as we are a pretty tight community up here, if anyone has any info of the whereabouts of these brand new fins please PM me there will be a substantial reward for those who speak the truth.

Also I was teaching rescue on saturday and vis was so hoorible in the 0-20 range that my students could not find the missing PINK weightbelts. They had bleach bottles attached to them and one had a green q40 light attached as well. If you find them you can have the q40 but please return the weight belts.
PM me or just drop them at I.D.C. on Arbutus and 10th.

Thank you.

I guess we should all stop leaving the keys in the secret hiding spot from now on...and to think 10 yrs ago I used to leave my front door unlocked 24/7, guess I put too much trust in people...really sad though

Mark

Bad run of luck for me. First my computer - my fault - and now my colleague's fins that I had borrowed for the weekend.

Let this serve as a warning to all of you; don't leave your gear unattended anymore and take your keys with you.

Stuey

Scratch that. One of my students had stolen them.

StueyinDeep:

Wow, that sucks, Stuey. I can't believe a student would do that to you! :mad:

Guess it aint the safe pristine world it was a while ago....

StueyinDeep:

Well he didn't *steal* them but I wouldn't say he picked them up for me. I think he though they were his....it had been a _long_ day.

ah well, at least you got them back. I almost borrowed my buddies glove last weekend. the velcro stuck to the webbing on my backplate harness. I took a look once he realized it was missing though.

About people "picking up" stuff....a couple weeks ago on the boat, a friend of mine couldn't find his very distinctive fins. So I loaned him a spair set, and he found the diver wearing his down at about 60'. Was tempted to take 'em right there, but didn't.

A couple days later, I could only find one fin for one of my customers....and was SURE I had both fins. So I grabbed my spairs, which were a little big for my diver.....but then, on the other side of the boat, I spot a diver with 1 green fin & 1 yellow. Hmm...I'm MISSING a green fin. Apparently one of his (rental) yellow fins was defective, so he just grabs "any" fin he could find. Never bothers to ask me or his own guide, apparently. AAARGH! Didn't he have any idea that taking 1 of 2 green fins from beneath a BCD/tank set up on the rack, might possibly inconvenience someone?

Iruka:
<snip> AAARGH! Didn't he have any idea that taking 1 of 2 green fins from beneath a BCD/tank set up on the rack, might possibly inconvenience someone?

It's always amusing/infuriating to see how clueless some people can be.. people shrugging off dropping rental gear off the side of the boat and then getting the hump when you tell them that they're going to get charged for it.... this weekend I was scowled at for telling a diver off for putting his 30lb weightbelt ontop of all his other gear!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom