Stillhouse Hollow, Lake Travis, and cooler diving conditions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from toilet tanks flushing Austin to Tooth Fairy Secrets --- hmmmm? Both are part of life's learning experiences.

Willie - We also found a paved roadway south of the water plant that heads off to the NE, dropping down into the valley east of the water plant before it heads back up towards the COE HQ. There is a serious triple span cement bridge where it used to cross the old creek bed. Should be good in the spring when the deep water clears up again.

With good vis this sounds like a pretty cool dive....got any more information on locating this roadway and bridge?

With good vis this sounds like a pretty cool dive....got any more information on locating this roadway and bridge?

Easiest would be to just let me know when you would like to give it a go.

On Willie's map, the bridge is about 120 degrees from the "entry" point. But it is probably almost 1000 ft out on that heading so it is not easy to hit and the roadway is covered with silt so you have to watch closely and feel for it. There were some lines running from the "platform 20 ft" (actually 2 platforms within 10 ft of each other. The line will run almost due east to a drop-off where another line will continue just a bit more northerly to the bridge.

Willie - We also found a paved roadway south of the water plant that heads off to the NE, dropping down into the valley east of the water plant before it heads back up towards the COE HQ. There is a serious triple span cement bridge where it used to cross the old creek bed. Should be good in the spring when the deep water clears up again.

Sounds great, Gary, I will look forward to it. I have missed diving Stillhouse with you.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom