Step-in + Farmer John OR Full jumpsuit + core warmer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPlainsDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a relatively new diver that needs some help in picking the right suits. Until recently I have been diving in the warm water of the Caribbean and SE Asian in my Henderson Microprene jumpsuit. I am just now starting to consider diving in the lakes or maybe rivers around Texas and NE New Mexico.

My questions are: -
What is the different in the Step-in + Farmer John bottom combo and the Full jumpsuit + core warmer combo? What's the pro and con or each combo? What brand would you recommend? I would like to get a set that will allow me to dive in a wilder-range of weather and water temperatures wearing them together or individually - and would leave me some money to go diving. :)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Huey

I have both the two piece farmer john and the one piece jumpsuit. I prefer the 7 mil jumpsuit with a 5 mil hooded vest. They keep me nice and warm and are more comforatble than the two piece. I still intend to use them a lot even though I just purchased my first dry suit for the really cold dives. My 2 cents.

Yah, what Paco sez.
A jumpsuit with hooded vest is the hot ticket, though you could probably get away with a 3mm hooded vest.
If you can find an outfit that carries Scuba Max you should be able to run off with a suit made out of Superstretch & with the Glideskin lining inside for under $200 bucks.
Heck, they'll probably throw in the hooded vest too.

recently dove my hyperstretch 7/5 jumpsuit, microprene under, 5mm hood, 3.5mm gloves in 57 degree water and was great. Hyperstretch is easy to layer.

Bob3, who is ScubaMax and their 7mm superstretch is under $200?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom