Steel Tank trade.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlwest63

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Here is a quick question.

I have 1 steel tank. I do not think I will be able to afford another steel tank any time soon. Is it reasonable to think that someone would be willing to trade 2 AL tanks for 1 steel?

jlwest63:

I have 1 steel tank. I do not think I will be able to afford another steel tank any time soon. Is it reasonable to think that someone would be willing to trade 2 AL tanks for 1 steel?

Depends on what size steel tank it is and if its in hydro or not.. I have 2 AL80's that I would trade for a steel tank but if its a steel 72 then no I wouldnt.. I might consider a 95 or larger steel tank though..

jlwest63:

Probably an easy trade, but as noted, it depends on the steel tank and the condition it's in.

Depends on the Aluminum tanks as well. Old pre 89 tanks are getting hard to fill. Having two of them may not be of much value.

I've got a nice set of AL80 doubles. What type of steel tank do you have?

The info around the neck would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Well after digging it out I found out it is not a steel. It is a AL80. It was included with a bunch of used gear we bought a long time ago and I thought it was a steel.

Thanks for the offers though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom