Steel Tank Help, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC_Hoaty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking at buying a steel tank from a local diver. He said the neck markings are:
GALV
DOT-3AA2400
B261961
10^94+
Two stamped inspections: 9-99 and 4-13

He says it is a LP100 but does not know the manufacturer.

Can someone tell me anything about this tank? It has a good hydro, so I'm pretty interested, but don't want a lemon. Thanks!

I have never heard of an LP100. Nothing in those marking help much. Can you get some measurements like height and diameter/circumference.

Nothing I would believe - I think I need to travel 40 miles and see it myself. When I get some data, I'll post more.

Which mfg used the mark GALV?

Galv.jpg

I believe that original hydro symbol "A" is Luxfer, but that makes no sense with a "+".

---------- Post added August 11th, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

My guess is PST LP95. Check dimensions. 43.8lbs empty weight. 8 inch outer diameter. 24.75" long without valve.

I agree, I have two. Great tanks.

How much does he want for it?

Nvm. I see the date again. Been a long day of painting and drinking too much rum.

Reactions: Jax
GALV usually means galvanized but it is painted. I have that original hydro symbol "A" on both Luxfer and Catalina Al tanks. Makes no sense. Have a nice ride.

Back
Top Bottom