Steel LP 108 valve on a Luxfer Al40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheekymonkey

I'm a Goofy Monkey
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
dam, so I had a nice long question typed up, the I froze during submitting it, and I have to start over, its going to be more short and to the point.

I have a valve from a new Worthington LP108, that is DIN rated to 230bar. I have a just O2 cleaned Aluminum 40, I beleive its Luxfer, and is obviously 3000psi, It is going to be an O2 bottle, and so most places around me only fill pure O2 to 2800 anyway. My question is, will the Din Valve fit on the Aluminum 80, the Valve is a 230bar THERMO. And if it will, will the 230bar be safe with 3000psi?

Thanks ahead of time.

Yes, and Yes :)

That thermo will be no problem whatsoever on that cylinder. The only think you might want to have the shop check is which Burst Disk is in the valve. Thermo's wesbite shows their valves available with different burst disks, otherwise they are the same valve.

I've never used a Thermo valve before personally, so I'm not 100% sure, my OMS isn't labelled anywhere on the outside. I'd just pop into your LDS and have them check it out when you swap the valves, even if you have the 2640 PSI disk, and you fill to 3000, I dont think you'd have any problems.

A lp disc is rated at 2400 psi service with a disc rating of 4000 psig.
An al 40 tank is rated to 3000 psi, so you will need to change out the burst disc
and install a 3000 psi service with a 5000 rating on it. A new disc should be under $10.00.
Check out the site linked below and look at valves and manifolds.
Jim Breslin
http://www.techdivinglimited.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom