Steel 119 VS 130

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, you got 130s with vis stickers that indicate 'oxygen clean'? Interesting. QUOTE]

I have a set of 119's (now doubled) and a 40 deco bottle I got from DiveRite Express. All three came with at VIP sticker clearly indicating they were O2 cleaned. Just FYI.

As I understand the DR Express description, the tank (and valve) are NOT O2 ‘washed’. They merely have oxygen-compatible components. Therefore, the vis sticker will NOT indicate that they are oxygen cleaned.
No, incorrect.

What Dive Rite Express is saying is what the scuba industry considers O2 clean does not actually meet the definitions of oxygen clean as set by NASA. They consider O2 clean where the item is made from special materials, cleaned in a sterile environment, and then sealed from the atmosphere. A bit overkill by the author yes, but it was his way of trying to inform the consumer of the muddy waters around the term "O2 clean."

This is also the authors way of saying we cannot control what happens to the O2 cleanliness state after it leaves our hands.

Regardless, those of you local to us know we are a technical and rebreather LDS. Any and ALL cylinders and valves we sell are O2 clean, and ready for immediate use for 100% oxygen. We do not sell cylinders in a state less than this. In fact, we do not even have non-O2 compatible components in the shop.

Yes Colliam 7,
I am diving with Olympus in Moorehead City. When I picked up my tanks last night there were two stickers on it, one was the visual from my LDS and another sticker that said 02 cleaned. I would have bought my tanks from DR Express but able to get them at the same price here in town. I have bought from DR Express on several occassions and I think they have excellent customer service and the items always seem to ship out right away...

Worthington cylinders come O2 clean from the factory.

No, incorrect. What Dive Rite Express is saying is what the scuba industry considers O2 clean does not actually meet the definitions of oxygen clean as set by NASA. ... A bit overkill by the author yes, but it was his way of trying to inform the consumer of the muddy waters around the term "O2 clean." Any and ALL cylinders and valves we sell are O2 clean, and ready for immediate use for 100% oxygen.
VERY helpful to know and, obviously, I was mistaken. Let me suggest you revise the wording of your description, because it is just a bit ambiguous. No need to provide that level of explanation, in the description of the product.

I am 5'9" and I have a pair of 119's and my buddy is over 6' and he has a pair of 130's. They work out well for us because he uses a little more air than I do. I love having 2 large tanks. We can do 2 dives on each!

I'm 5'9 and diving in doubles...looking at 119LP fabers or 130HP worthingtons... what do you suggest??? if it was a single tank the weight would be minor...but in doubles...it can make a bit of difference....

I Have One Of Each, Would Like A Set Of Double 119's Or Lp95's, I Like The 130, But I Kinda Like The Little Smaller Size Of The 119's. I'm 6' And Around 220lbs

Picked up my new 130s last night. My LDS matched DR express. It has an 02 cleaned sticker on it. The hydro is 3/08. I am leaving for Moorehead City on Friday. I am glad I won't have to be the first one up due to low air...Thanks for all of the advice

Good choice on the 130s.

I had to choose between 130s and 140s. I chose the 130s as well.

For me, on most dives, I get 2 dives out of them, with 1000 psi left over as a reserve.

The main reason for getting the 130s for me was for diving to my maximum depth of 100 m together with 4 deco bottles. The 130s are perfect for this for me.

I'm 5'9 and diving in doubles...looking at 119LP fabers or 130HP worthingtons... what do you suggest??? if it was a single tank the weight would be minor...but in doubles...it can make a bit of difference....

Even though you are 5'9" women normally have smaller lungs and are therefore more efficient underwater.

Generally speaking, twin 85s would be ideal, because these are very light weight.

If 170 cu ft of breathing mix is not enough for your diving requirements, then you could calculate what it would take instead. I would base it on the calculation.

Back
Top Bottom