Steel 119 VS 130

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, any tank/valve is good for premixed nitrox up to 40%.

Here's what DiveRite Express says on their website:

The keyword here is premix. If the LDS blends (a lot do) than one needs O2 clean tanks.

I found the extra length of the Worthington 119s to be a pain. I ended up buying the shorter, and fatter, 130s. The 130s are, in my opinion, a near-perfect tank for recreational Nitrox diving.
:confused::confused::confused:

119 is shorter than 130 and same diameter, 8"

I have one HP130....thinking about slinging it for a deco/stage bottle.....would that be ok, would it handle well.

:mooner:

I found the extra length of the Worthington 119s to be a pain. I ended up buying the shorter, and fatter, 130s. The 130s are, in my opinion, a near-perfect tank for recreational Nitrox diving.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Worthington 119s are 1.5" shorter than Worthington 130s. Both are 8" in diameter.

I believe you are confusing Worthington 120s (7.25" diameter, 28" tall) with 119s (8" diameter, 24" tall).

Official specs here.

I have one HP130....thinking about slinging it for a deco/stage bottle.....would that be ok, would it handle well.

130 deco bottle.... You Da Man!

rcpilot44:
… the tanks that diverite express sells state are nitrox ready. Not sure if they are o2 washed where I can have blends made instead of the standard 32 or 36%.
As I understand the DR Express description, the tank (and valve) are NOT O2 ‘washed’. They merely have oxygen-compatible components. Therefore, the vis sticker will NOT indicate that they are oxygen cleaned. Some fill operations will probably do a nitrox partial pressure blend, but others will not (we would not, for example). Premix, as noted, is not a problem.
PuyallupCoug:
I'm only 5'6 and I find that an aluminum 80 is too tall for me so I am considering purchasing a HP119 and now because of this thread, possibly an HP130. Anybody think a 130 would be to big for someone of my stature?
It depends on what you mean by ‘too tall’. Is it a matter of trim (e.g., you feel head down in the water), or a matter of comfort (e.g., the bottom of the tank keeps bumping you in the back of your legs)? The 130 will move the CG of the tank/reg down compared to an AL80. But, it may still feel long from a comfort perspective. Have you thought about HP100s?
texdiveguy:
Wow. Not saying it can’t be done, but that would be quite a feat if you are able to handle it as a slung deco bottle, and maintain trim! I would stand in awe. As Hoosier said, ‘YDM!’

Perhaps you can fit it with a SpareAir regulator!

:rofl3:

Picked up my new 130s last night. My LDS matched DR express. It has an 02 cleaned sticker on it. The hydro is 3/08. I am leaving for Moorehead City on Friday. I am glad I won't have to be the first one up due to low air...Thanks for all of the advice

Picked up my new 130s last night. My LDS matched DR express. It has an 02 cleaned sticker on it.
So, you got 130s with vis stickers that indicate 'oxygen clean'? Interesting.
I am leaving for Moorehead City on Friday.
Presume you're going out with Olympus. Let us know what you dive and how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom