Stealth light w/new halcyon 10w light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving,

Dan's Stealth Light canisters are NOT Halcyon canisters - they are made by Dan Scoville of DJS Technical in Rochester NY. He would attach the lighthead of choice for whoever ordered the light - the Halcyon 10W head was a popular choice, which is no longer available directly through Dan, although he still makes the canisters.

My mistake... actually TWO mistakes for not going to sleep...
I did a search, and I found some really good comments about the Stealth Light Canister over the Halcyon one. I plan on buying a light canister in the near future, because I'm building my tech gear to take the step ahed of recreational diving. I guess I will have to consider this canister...
Btw... How do they compare in price and quality to the Halcyon ones?

DomRep Diving once bubbled...
My mistake... actually TWO mistakes for not going to sleep...
I did a search, and I found some really good comments about the Stealth Light Canister over the Halcyon one. I plan on buying a light canister in the near future, because I'm building my tech gear to take the step ahed of recreational diving. I guess I will have to consider this canister...
Btw... How do they compare in price and quality to the Halcyon ones?

If i remember right i saved about 150.00 to 200.00 over buying the halcyon unit.I managed to buy my charger at radio shack on closeout saving me even more money.Thanks for the tip dan.It was well worth it to save the money for a cannister that is comparable and probably of higher quality than halcyon. :D

I have 2 of Dan's lights on the way now. I'll post a follow up as soon as they get here. But I did a lot of looking around before I decided on what light I wanted. By far Dan's cost less. I took mine with the DR 10 watt MR11 6 degree heads. Keep you posted.

Well I received my lights last week.. I haven't had a chance to get it in the water yet but the craftsmanship is just remarkable. I am trying to get his light and a Helios side by side but haven't had the chance to yet. I'll post a follow up once I get it in the water.

Really cool guy. Called me at like 10:00 PM HIS TIME.

He said it won't be until at least summer - likely the end of summer before he has his own light head.

My take (not his) is I wouldn't bet on it then, either. He told me about how its a lot of work to get that together, and he went on to share that as important as that is (getting his own light head together) its not his top focus right now.

K

Well I spoke with Dan for a some time while waiting for, and ordering my lights.. As it stands right now he can only get Dive Rite light heads. And I don't think that he will be able to get them to much longer. And the only way you will be able to get one of his lights is to find the light head yourself send it to him and have him wire it. It would be in his company's best interest to develop one. I know it doesn't sound like an easy task. But I think he will get one done. Maybe not by the end of this summer.. But before next year I think we should see one. I for one, impressed by the canister and bat. it's self, will be ordering one when ever he gets it done.

dsgobie:
Well I spoke with Dan for a some time while waiting for, and ordering my lights.. As it stands right now he can only get Dive Rite light heads. And I don't think that he will be able to get them to much longer. And the only way you will be able to get one of his lights is to find the light head yourself send it to him and have him wire it. It would be in his company's best interest to develop one. I know it doesn't sound like an easy task. But I think he will get one done. Maybe not by the end of this summer.. But before next year I think we should see one. I for one, impressed by the canister and bat. it's self, will be ordering one when ever he gets it done.

Hi, I'm V new to this board, but can any of you guys give me the contact details of Dan as I'm really interested in speaking to him regarding a can light

TIA

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom