Stealth light w/new halcyon 10w light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 weekends ago spent a couple of dives getting used to deploying the long hose from the canister. No problems. It stays there when its supposed to.

lal7176 once bubbled...
The battery pack comes with a built in fuse set up that is the black tube in the battery pack.He also offered to replace the fuse with an extra battery if i wanted more burn time but he does not recommend doing that for obvious reasons.
For those of you wondering what "obvious reasons" are, here's an example :)

http://www.diveoz.com.au/discussion_forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2372

Im just posting a little update on my light.To date i have used the light several times with zero diffulculties.The cannister is so small and out of the way you hardly even notice its there.The new halcyon lighthead has worked flawlessly so far.This is by far the greatest light i have ever owned.Even though this is my first cannister light it is better and will outperform any handheld i have ever used.Bottom line is i dont regret buying this one bit.It also shows the high quality of dans work on the cannister,electronics, and battery pack along with halcyons high standards on their new lighthead.

By the way Happy New Year everybody!! :D

Further update - Dan has changed the standard battery pack design from a 9 cell to a 10 cell pack, replacing the old user-replaceable fuse holder with an additional cell, and a micro resettable fuse, offering around 20 mins more burn time for a 10W HID, while still offering the safety of a fuse (I've blown one already when sorting out the charger wiring). I enquired if it would be possible to retrofit my existing 9 cell pack to the new design, and Dan said that this was possible, for less than I expected.

DJS is also now offering trimix fills according to the website.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Further update - Dan has changed the standard battery pack design from a 9 cell to a 10 cell pack, replacing the old user-replaceable fuse holder with an additional cell, and a micro resettable fuse, offering around 20 mins more burn time for a 10W HID, while still offering the safety of a fuse (I've blown one already when sorting out the charger wiring). I enquired if it would be possible to retrofit my existing 9 cell pack to the new design, and Dan said that this was possible, for less than I expected.

DJS is also now offering trimix fills according to the website.

I shipped my battery off to Dan yesterday to have it upgraded from 9 cells to 10 cells with the new micro fuse.I figure it cant hurt to have an extra 20 min of burn time with a fuse to boot.I cant wait to get it back and try it out.

Once again Dan was extremely courteous and helpful.As ben stated the upgrade was much less than expected which shouldnt suprise me coming from Dan. :D

Sorry for my ignorance, but which are this DAN's cannister lights?
Are they the Halcyon or any other brand?

That's what happens when you are still browsing at 2 am... Sorry for not reading the big HALCYON in the title....
Time to go to sleep...
Thanks anyways...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom