Staying Warm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any WARM places to dive in Florida? I grew up in Hawayy - spent the first 18 years of my life in the ocean - it was always cold to get into but I could spend all day in the water. Scuba diving seems to be somewhat colder than playing in the surf or surfing (which is mostly sitting in the sun anyways).
Next time in Hawaii try diving Haunama Bay - It's very warm - no suit needed and there's a lot to see but of course it's also popular - prive you pay.

For some folks who have never worn a hood, the squeeze on the neck is oppressive. Try the hyperstretch hood or a beanie (a little neoprene hat with a chin-strap.) Yes diving is colder than playing in the surf.

In an earlier post, JBD wrote
"would also suggest that you get gloves if they are allowed in the areas that you dive in"

Are gloves ever *not* allowed?

Hi Pops, yes there are some warm places to dive in Florida. In the summer, the gulf of mexico gets over 90 degrees. Diving yesterday (Sunday) temp ranged from 84-87, in 80-90'. Lots of crap suspended in the top 50', vis. aprox. 15' on the bottom. And, Hanauma is great, that's where my Jr. Cert. checkout dive was back in 71.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom