Staying near W Palm Beach In July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a Homewood Suites on 45th street in WPB. Not a terrible area of the town, but not the best either. You can get to dive boats in Jupiter of WPB very quickly from there. In downtown WPB theres a Hyatt Place that occasionlly has reasonable rates. There's also a new Residence Inn in downtown. On Donald Ross in Palm Beach Gardens you'll find another Homewood Suites. Also check out this website: Palm Beach Florida Resorts- Compare Palm Beach Resorts Florida

The dive shop you use might have suggestions as well.

Thanks much, Sportxlh! By the way: In my younger, freer days I've owned an '80 Super Glide 1200 and a Sportster! I needed the kicker on the 'Glide because when the Shakin' Beast was just-shut-down hot, the Hitachi starter wouldn't turn over the engine!

hello-
Do you have a particular plan for when you're here? EG, dive ops already selected, etc? I can offer more specific options depending on the area you'll be looking at staying.

If you're planning on diving West Palm Beach out of the Riviera Beach marina boats, I'd suggest the Super 8 in North Palm Beach. I've never stayed nor been inside, but the area is safer than directly around the marina, etc.

There are also a lot of little mom and pop places on Singer Island/Palm Beach Shores--they generally don't have websites, but if you search for motels by those two locations, you'll see phone numbers for them you can call and get rates for as well.

Thanks for the additional information. I 've previously been to the keys and also stayed in Pompano and Ft. Lauderdale.
The W. Palm area seems to offer good beach diving access and BHB's Phil Foster Park.and shallower water with good video opportunity. Also I can go where I want to when I want. I was not much impressed with the solar reef building project in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea south of Anglins
Pier in April, 2014.A few dives with Pompano dive will also be on the agenda next July, if Fate and God are willing!
Mike

Are you really stuck on staying in West Palm Beach?
If you're going to be shore diving other than the BHB (Blue Heron Bridge), you're going to be coming down to Broward.
Have you considered the Boynton/Delray area?
From downtown Fort Lauderdale to downtown West Palm even during peak rush-hour early in the morning in July, on I-95 only takes about an hour.

Chug
Waiting for for the wind to drop.

Thanks much, Sportxlh! By the way: In my younger, freer days I've owned an '80 Super Glide 1200 and a Sportster! I needed the kicker on the 'Glide because when the Shakin' Beast was just-shut-down hot, the Hitachi starter wouldn't turn over the engine!

The shovelhead Glides are beautiful. I used to occasionally run into a guy ridding a shovelhead of about the era as yours at a gas station on the way to work.

BTW KBeck's suggestion of that Super 8 is probably a pretty good one that I hadn't thought of. Its one of the nicer Super 8's I've seen and is far enough north to be in a decent area. From that hotel, you can get to Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventure's boat in a heartbeat, same for Pura Vida and Scuba Work's boat. The other WPB dive boats in the Rivera Beach marina are only a few minutes further and Jupiter Dive Center and the other Jupiter dive boats are less than 15 minutes away.

Also as an FYI, aside from BHB, there's not much beach diving in the WPB area. There's lots of good beach diving an hour south in Lauderdale by the Sea, Dania Beach, Pompano and Hollywood.

For a great renovated 1bedroom/eff room with low rates $99-$119 on Singer Island - go to Atlantic Shores Home Ask for "G" - Owner - Tell Him Tall Kris from SC reffered you! Rooms are all modern, nice tile floor, 50 inch HD direct tv, granite counters, leather couches, beautiful foliage outside. It's a block from: the beach park, bars, restaurants, convenience stores ,PVD dive shop, and convenient to BHB dive, Rivera Beach marina and Lake Park marina. Also, 20- 25 mins to Jupiter Dive Ctr, Scuba Works (sharks - Emerald) and diving South isn't that far. Haven't gone South yet because I love the shark diving on Calypso and Emerald.

I've been going down there off and on for a couple years. Always stayed on Singer Island, the Super 8 does look good but if I'm on a dive vacation "I'm on Vacation". Not staying on a main road. After I dive I relax, eat and drink and do it all over again. Actually just bought an ocean view in Palm Beach Shores to "invest on Singer Island Is." Prob will wish I just rented for $100 bucks, but its all fun in the sun.

Merry Christmas - Family is calling !!!

I'm staying in WPB next week. Went on VRBO.com and found a studio on a lake with its own pool for $500/week. Not sure if things are more expensive in the summer, but I would definitely look on VRBO and HomeAway to rent a house or apartment type place before I'd be forking out for a hotel/motel - assuming it's something like a week or more. 2 or 3 days, yeah, hotel/motel.

I'm staying in WPB next week. Went on VRBO.com and found a studio on a lake with its own pool for $500/week. Not sure if things are more expensive in the summer, but I would definitely look on VRBO and HomeAway to rent a house or apartment type place before I'd be forking out for a hotel/motel - assuming it's something like a week or more. 2 or 3 days, yeah, hotel/motel.
Usually its just the opposite, higher during the winter months because of the snowbirds. We rent a house on Singer Island as well, about 3 blocks from BHB, but its not even available the winter months. All booked up Dec through March.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom