Staying Logged In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megamouth

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having problems in staying logged in. I log in as a member and am asked to log in again when I try to do a search and once again when I wanted to post a new thread.

Can anyone help me? Shouldn't I be able to log in once that be able to get into everything else without being asked for my username and password again?

MM

Megamouth:
I'm having problems in staying logged in. I log in as a member and am asked to log in again when I try to do a search and once again when I wanted to post a new thread.

Can anyone help me? Shouldn't I be able to log in once that be able to get into everything else without being asked for my username and password again?

MM
What OS are you running, and what kind of computer? I am having the same problem.

I tried Steve S' steps on his checklist including downloading Spybot and was still experiencing the same problem.

It wasn't until I added Scuba Board to my Favorites after having signed on to SB (with 'remember me?' tick box checked), signed in again when I tried to search, and again when I attempted to post another thread did SB stop from kicking me out.

For some odd reason, when I access SB by typing the website address www.scubaboard.com at the upper right corner of the browser (IE) and pressing enter, I experience the problem again. However, when I access SB through favorites, it remembers me.

If anybody is experiencing the same problem, that is, having to repeatedly enter your username and password even when already signed in, try Steve_S checklist below then if that doesn't work, try the above...hope this helps.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=466359&postcount=13

MM

Megamouth:
It wasn't until I added Scuba Board to my Favorites after having signed on to SB (with 'remember me?' tick box checked), signed in again when I tried to search, and again when I attempted to post another thread did SB stop from kicking me out.

Thanks for the tip. That one finally seems to have done the trick.

I have this same problem when using my lap top. Tried the clearing etc still does it. Only difference is that it never lets me actually log in. I get the redirect screen then back to the log in page. Only does it on my LT.

Yep - my laptop does the same thing, but my desktop machine does remember.

It didn't USED to do this - the laptop used to keep me signed in as well.

Are these machines running the same operating systems? Also, are these machines setup the same - generally the default settings are quite open and none of these problems should be occuring. Aside from spybot, which you need to take a few moments and ensure that it is updated and that the immunize function is run, try running a program called windows washer - it does a fantastic job of keeping your system running clean.

Just the 2psi from a guy who makes a living at this stuff.. :D

CBulla:
Are these machines running the same operating systems? Also, are these machines setup the same - generally the default settings are quite open and none of these problems should be occuring. Aside from spybot, which you need to take a few moments and ensure that it is updated and that the immunize function is run, try running a program called windows washer - it does a fantastic job of keeping your system running clean.

Just the 2psi from a guy who makes a living at this stuff.. :D

Yes, they are.

I do this stuff for a living too... :)

There is something wrong with how the cookies are being set and manipulated. I will attempt clearing all that I can find related to this site on the laptop and see if that makes it "go away"; it may be a residual of the old cookie from the old board.

Back
Top Bottom