Staying Logged In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah...............the real GEEKS have showen up </joke>

Please remember that cookies are held in memory so if you decide to nuke them they are still in memory so your next step is to close down ALL instances of your browser.

Then try the Board.

I posted this another thread but will put it here also. I found that if you put the www in front of the scubaboard it will let me log in.

Hope this helps

Check your internet privacy setting. I was having this problem with privacy set to medium high, dropped it to medium and problem solved.

RJ

Megamouth:
I'm having problems in staying logged in. I log in as a member and am asked to log in again when I try to do a search and once again when I wanted to post a new thread.

Can anyone help me? Shouldn't I be able to log in once that be able to get into everything else without being asked for my username and password again?

MM

I'm on my desktop now and its working---really really slow. It will not let me logon with my laptop, I cleared cookies several times. It just goes into a login loop with my laptop. It shows me as logged in but will not let me do anything and pops up the login screen when I try. I HATE UPGRADES_AARRRRRRRGH and this desktop.

Hi Dennis I have the same problems using AOL. I had to go to IE 5.1 and I can get in. Don't know the fix, but am living with it this way for now. Maybe if enough people have the problem we can sort through it and determine the cause. clearing the cookies definetely does not solve the problem, nor did adjusting my security setting as mine is already as low as it can go, seeing asI have no kids around. Good luck

Genesis:
Yes, they are.

I do this stuff for a living too... :)

There is something wrong with how the cookies are being set and manipulated. I will attempt clearing all that I can find related to this site on the laptop and see if that makes it "go away"; it may be a residual of the old cookie from the old board.

If this isn't odd... until about an hour ago I had no problem with the cookie holding name and password. Now I can't stay logged in long enough to read 2 pages in a post. I've cleared the cache, cookies, etc, windows washered and even run spybot S&D for good measure... still no dice.

Now, the only thing I tried to do this morning was reload my pic for my profile and it didnt work after 3 tries. I gave up and tried to surf new posts. From that point on I could no longer stay logged in.

Have been having the same problem for days. Keep trying to contact whoever runs this infernal thing through the Contact Us link, but no one ever responds. Nice.

Cookies are enabled. Have deleted the old scubaboard cookies. Every single time I log in, it says thank you for logging in and then promptly refreshes the screen and forgets who I am. I had to resort to creating a new user to post this. Too stupid.

Anyone who runs this thing going to figure out what they messed up and fix it?

This issue is being looked at. There are Mods that are also having the same problem. Please be patient as we try to determine how to address this problem.

Chad

My appologies to all of you who are having this problem... I've had to create a folder to handle the emails about this issue which are getting backed up since people like to remind me of the issue every day :wink: Regardless, keep letting us know what problems you are having as we do make changes each day and are reporting issues to the software vendor as we discover them. If you use another forum with the same vbulletin 3.0x software and are not having problems (or if you are), please let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom