Staying in the Kaneohe area - Any Dive Ops recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpeckledGrouper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The last leg of our Trip in September will be 4 days on Oahu in the Kaneohe area. This is after 5 days Kona and 5 days on Kosrae.
Are there any good Dive operators in this area or nearby?

Check out Aarons in Kailua: Diving Hawaii dive hawaii diving hawaii scuba hawaii oahu dive hawaii dive shop scuba dive hawaii oahu scuba dive hawaii diving hawaii in scuba diving hawaii in diving hawaii kona scuba diving hawaii oahu scuba company diving hawaii tour swimming wit

or Island Divers in Hawaii Kai: Hawaii Scuba Diving, Scuba Diving Training with Island Divers Hawaii - Honolulu, Waikiki

Although the shops are in different areas, their boats go out of the same area (Hawaii Kai).

If you want to go the other direction (toward the North shore), check out Deep Ecology in Haleiwa: Welcome - Oahu Scuba Dive Tours - Deep Ecology, Haleiwa, Hawaii

Hope this helps.

Thanks Pete, I had been reading a few not so favorable reports about Aaron's, I'll check the others. Where is Hawaii Kai in relation to where we are staying?

Yes, we are renting a car. We don't mind driving to the harbors, as long as it's not hours away and a nightmare for parking :)

Most dive boat operators launch from three main harbors...Waianae, Kewalo and Hawaii Kai. Waianae would be the furthest from Kaneohe...the other two are about 20-30 minutes away...depending on traffic. Parking is easiest at Waianae and Hawaii Kai. All three offer great diving...wrecks and reefs. Kewalo and Waianae would offer larger wrecks. Hawaii Kai can offer some smaller wrecks, LCUs and the Corsair. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Stay away from Aaron's, they're not awful or anything, but their prices are fairly steep.

Stay away from Island Divers, to put it nicely your safety will be completely in your own hands.

Deep Ecology rocks, nothing but good things to say about them.

As far as Waikiki try Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki, they're awesome as well.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Stay away from Island Divers, to put it nicely your safety will be completely in your own hands. ...
Hm ... I know nothing about any of the Oahu operators, but to me that sounds like a good recommendation.:D

T-man, I would be honoured to be your dive buddy anytime you want to make the hop. IDH is run by, and staffed by, a bunch of muppets. They were one of the first charters I went on as a newly certified diver four years ago. I've dove them about a dozen times in the past four years and I've never had a good experience.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom