Status on Silicone Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More then likely yes if I would have argued with them for months about it, and not been able to dive at that time, I made a choice and went to an outside source so I could continue to dive versus dealing with them at the time.

Anyways, to the poster looking for the seals, make an informed decision mate, there are other options out there, each system has pro's and cons, choose one that best fits your needs for diving..

Regards

Steve

More then likely yes if I would have argued with them for months about it, and not been able to dive at that time, I made a choice and went to an outside source so I could continue to dive versus dealing with them at the time.

Anyways, to the poster looking for the seals, make an informed decision mate, there are other options out there, each system has pro's and cons, choose one that best fits your needs for diving..

Regards

Steve

I've owned two DUI dry suits. I liked the first and love my CF200. However, I have big issues with paying a test and evaluation fee. As a customer, it makes me feel gouged, not warm and fuzzy inside. Either reflect it in your service prices or absorb the cost yourself to guarantee your work. My suit will be going in to get retrofitted with zipseals on the neck and a silicone seal, I will gladly pay the cost to have this work done by DUI and I will have to may the T&E but to me it's like sales tax, I'll pay it because I have to.

Hi Liztribe -

Oh we always like people to feel warm and fuzzy with our service. The test and evaluation charge can be confusing. That is one reason why we did the quick DOGTV episode on it. In hopes of explaining it better. Over the years, and we are close to celebrating our 50th very soon, we have found it best to have the T&E as a seperate charge.

If the work done is not waterproof no T&E is charged.

If we added the T&E price into the item... if someone had multiple items of work done they would be paying extra for T&E on each item.

The charge also includes fixing punctures as well. So if a suit comes in for say seal replacement the entire drysuit is checked. Front to back, top to bottom. Even if the seal work passes but a puncture is found the suit goes back into production, patched, and re-tested. To my knowledge DUI is the only company that does the testing like we do. It's more time consuming but we have found it the best way to ensure your DUI is completely dry.

For those of you in the San Diego area, or coming out to visit San Diego, we would love to give you a tour of the factory. Just email Support@DUI-Online.com or call us at 800-325-8439 and let us know you are coming.

Thanks,

Kathy

...//... Oh we always like people to feel warm and fuzzy with our service. The test and evaluation charge can be confusing. ...//...

+1 with you guys.

The kids suit came back with a new zipper and all sorts of other issues attended to that were most carefully done and quite reasonable in cost.

Well, about a month ago, I sent my DUI suit in for some warranty work as the neoprene neck seal was unglueing itself from the suit. I must say that I was very happy with the service I received from Janet at DUI, who Kathy put me in touch with. They appreciated the fact that I am an active instructor and cannot be without my suit for very long and rushed the warranty work they did. Janet kept good communication with me throughout. I also had the pockets changed to the new cargo style while the suit was in. DUI even changed my zipper, even though I had not had any issues with it; they must have noticed it was wearing. I am now much happier with my DUI suit over all after this work has been done. Really like the new cargo pockets. Thanks DUI!

Hi Liztribe -

Thank you very much for the follow-up post. Janet is AWESOME! We have a new computer service program - which we call SaM and Janet was responsible for getting this going.

Hope you got a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling :wink:. We LOVE our customers! drysuit_service_sam.jpg

Reactions: D_B
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom