Status on Silicone Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI has been diligently working on silicone ZipSeals for some time. The obstacles have included determining the correct hardness for the seal versus the ZipRing, perfecting the ZipRing so it will "click" for a secure connection no matter the depth or duration of the dive, adding a coating for easy on/off, designing of the molds with the many different shapes in a DUI ZipSeal and even how many trim rings for an ideal fit. We are very, very close. But until we have them in our hot little hands and feel 100% sure, we will not release them to the public. We ask for your patience just a little bit longer. Trust us, it will be worth the wait.

I'm a little confused by all this. Will the current Zip rings work with the new silicon seals? I have a suit in transit to you(it might have just arrived) for replacement of a cracked Zip ring. My local dealer thinks that you will have to replace both Zip rings with a newer version in order for me to use the silicon seals, but I haven't seen any mention of this anyplace else.

Hi rongoodman and D_B.

No. You will not have to replace your current DUI ziprings. In fact that is one of the issues we are working with on the design of the silicone ZipSeals. We want the new seals to be compatiable with the current system in your DUI.

We are working on a G2 (generation 2) neck ZipRing. The new neck ring will have the same outside diameter but a larger inside diameter. This will give the ring approximately 3 additional inches of space. Allowing divers with larger heads the options of using the neck ZipRing.

The first silicone ZipSeals will be for the wrist and the current neck.

You will just remove the latex and pop in the silicone. SWEET!

Reactions: D_B
After waiting for almost 2 years from when the silicone ZipSeals were announced, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to go with the Si Tech Neck Tite system with silicone seals and Si Tech's Oval Permanent Wrist System with silicone seals. Unbelievably easy to don and doff and to switch out seals.
I did the same thing as well on my 450. I like how I can lock in any seal, silicone or latex into my suit without having to buy a proprietary item from any manufacture. I keep a set of standard latex seals in my save-a-dive kit as backup to my silicone seals and is a relatively inexpensive way to go.

If I already have Zipseals will these "zip" right in, or do I need new zip rings? What is the retail for silicone zip seals?

Hi Robert,

While Silicone ZipSeals are new DUI ZipSeals have been around for years. The new Silicone ZipSeals will just 'zip' into the current ZipRing system (with the exception of wrist rings made prior to 2007).

Thank you,

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom