Status of Apeks Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody knows what will happen when Aqualung inevitably defaults on the loan for which Apeks was put up as collateral (if I understand this correctly, Info - Aqualung Financial Troubles ).

But kits will be around forever. There's nothing unique about the service parts so even if the factory kits disappear, other companies will fill the gap.

You can already get third party kits from ScubaGaskets - Scuba Diving Service Kit - 1st and 2nd Stages - for Apeks gear and probably others.

scubagaskets any good? i mean will it be of comparable quality?

Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung years ago. Are you referring to AL being bought by the private equity firm (I forget the name)?

Dive Gear Express sells Apeks service kits currently.

CORRECTION: I thought DGX carried parts kits but don’t see them currently on the website.

Part if there agreement with aqualung is in order to be a dealer they cannot sell kits to the general public.

Part if there agreement with aqualung is in order to be a dealer they cannot sell kits to the general public.
Mares has the same policy. But they wanted DGX to sell its XR line of regs. DGX wouldn't do it without being able to sell the kits. Result?

The joke is that all but one of these kits is a standard Mares reg kit. The XR regs are mostly a branding exercise, they are internally the same as non-XR models and thus use the same service kits.

Just reporting what DGX when I asked them why the kits were not on the website.

For now that's not a concern as Apeks kits still available. My advice, stock up on kits.

😁😁😁😁😁😁

You mean like this:
1713883164399.jpeg

Fresh shipment of goodies from Germany. Decided to pick up a just a “couple” kits.

Back
Top Bottom