Question Stationary Magnahelic Tester needed to service regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What latex tubing did you order and where? If I understand correctly, the tubing goes over the 2nd stage instead of the mouthpiece?

1" latex is way too big, going to order 3/4" but probably not for a week.

1" latex is way too big, going to order 3/4" but probably not for a week.
Did you get 1" ID or OD? Mine is about 1"OD so it could be 3/4" ID.

ETA:

I checked through my Amazon archives and it is 1" OD, 1/8" wall, 3/4" ID. The listing is no longer valid though.

Most of the time I can stuff that into a mounted mouthpiece for a quick oral check without having to pull it apart. For use with the vacuum pump, the seal needs to be really good due to the low flow rate and that means pulling the mouthpiece and stretching the latex over the mouthpiece barrel on the 2nd stage body.

Did you get 1" ID or OD? Mine is about 1"OD so it could be 3/4" ID.

1" ID going to order 3/4" ID.

Would silicone work Amazon has that in 3/4 ID
Silicone can be pricey. How much is the cost? It would probably work fine.

$14.00 delivered probably less than shipping from McMaster.

Might give that a try, at worst case as long as I don't cut it I can return it.

Y'all are trying to DIY one of these, right? Mouthpiece Adapter Assembly, Acetal. For $25, you get the mouthpiece adapter with the barbed fitting and the latex band seals. I can understand if you're buying 3-feet of latex or silicone tubing to make several of these assemblies, but if you're only making a single unit I would think ordering it from Scubatools is not that much more expensive than DIY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom