Starting Technical diving GUE Vs TDI VS PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YahiaAhmed

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello everyone,

I am gonna start my Techincal diving courses next month. I am confused about which community / diving institute to go with?

My target is Extended range for now, and maybe I'd do CCR. Which one do you think I should go with and why?

If it's GUE, do you guys know the prices, and does it require specific diving equipments?

I currently have my own side mount/back-mount gear but I am not sure if I can use them in GUE training since I saw posts that GUE is all about Halcyon gear.

If it will help, here's the equipment that I currently own.
  • Hollis DX 300X Dry Suit with Bare base & Hollis AUG 260 mid layer undergarments
  • Cressi Castoro 5mm Wetsuit
  • 2x Hollis 200LX second stage with DCX first stages (for side mount)
  • Apeks XTX200 & XTX40 regs with XTX first stage
  • Hollis SMS Katana 2 single bladder BCD
  • Hollis LX Wing (Single cylinder back-mounted)
  • Hollis F1 Fins
  • Mares Avanti Quattro+ Fins
  • Hollis M3 Mask
  • Shearwater Teric DC
  • Cressi GOA DC
  • Hollis SMB & Spool
  • Bare 5mm Hood

Short answer, GUE. Long answer: where are you taking your training? Who are your instructor options?

GUE unless you want to go CCR, then TDI

GUE Fundamentals will give you a solid platform to take any future technical course with any other provider; OC or CCR. You also don't have to go by word-of-mouth to find a "good" instructor if you go the GUE route.

Short answer, GUE. Long answer: where are you taking your training? Who are your instructor options?
I am planning to take my courses (if GUE) in Egypt at Scuba Seekers, one of the most well known dive centers and owned by famous GUE instructor Sameh Sokar

GUE, TDI, PADI are all good programs by standards. It is ALL about the instructor, not the agency.

Choose based on the instructor, not the agency.

What is the best path for PADI Tec training? In my area PADI, is the most readily available without having to travel several hours away.

Tec-Basics and Tec-40 are good starting points in the PADI Tec pipeline.

GUE or UTD or ISE = all DIR training agencies with very high standards that teach with a technical approach starting in the open water classroom all the way to CCR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom