XTX200 vs XTX50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTX200 and XTX50 are the exact same second stages except for some cosmetic differences. The XTX50 also has a micro adjuster, as @Pao has explained.

If you want to get really technical the only difference between them is:
200 has a "chrome" purge button -- 50 has a black one
200 has a "chrome" front cover -- 50 has a black one
200 has a black inner cover --50 has a chrome one
200 has a XTX200 decal -- 50 has a XTX50 decal

Other than that every single part from the XTX200 and XTX50 are the exact same with the exact same Apeks part numbers.

View attachment 725603

View attachment 725604
My mistake thanks for correcting me. I was looking at the TX50.

XTX200 and XTX50 are the exact same second stages except for some cosmetic differences. The XTX50 also has a micro adjuster, as @Pao has explained.

If you want to get really technical the only difference between them is:
200 has a "chrome" purge button -- 50 has a black one
200 has a "chrome" front cover -- 50 has a black one
200 has a black inner cover --50 has a chrome one
200 has a XTX200 decal -- 50 has a XTX50 decal

Other than that every single part from the XTX200 and XTX50 are the exact same with the exact same Apeks part numbers.

Perhaps I should have clarified that its more the XTX50 set with the DST first and the XTX200 with the FSR first and both with XTX40 octo. Really its more which first stage I want in this match up, and since I have no immediate interest in side mount and the FSR seems to be a more compact and reliable first stage (well, less failure points) so I'm leaning towards that package. I can always swap out for a smaller second stage if I need to?

Perhaps I should have clarified that its more the XTX50 set with the DST first and the XTX200 with the FSR first and both with XTX40 octo. Really its more which first stage I want in this match up, and since I have no immediate interest in side mount and the FSR seems to be a more compact and reliable first stage (well, less failure points) so I'm leaning towards that package. I can always swap out for a smaller second stage if I need to?
As previously mentioned I really like my fsr 1st stage. It's fairly heavy, if comparing with some of the warm water travel regs, but fairly compact, and I like the way the HP ports are angled downwards and the LP ports are angled ever so slightly upwards. This helps a little with hose routing, particularly for the SPG I guess, but I like that it keeps my transmitter a bit more out the way from the LP hoses and it just seems neater. Minor thing I suppose but all helps ☺️

You can always change the 2nd stage in the future. But you may be limited to the "octo" variant of the 2nd stage with the yellow faceplate. I can't seem to find Apeks 2nd stages with the black faceplate, at least for a reasonable price. Look at my avatar, one is an XTX 50 and the other is an ATX 50.

So for first stage what is the downside of the fsr if i have no plans on going sidemount? I am getting into twins quickly though. I am actively looking for an xtx50 set but can find an xtx200 set for 100 euro's less for some reason.

I've settled on the Apeks XTX50.
It is a good reg. I am using it in cold water all the time and it works great in 35F .. 39F
However now I see that I can pick up a XTX200 with the FRS for $25 more than a XTX50 with the DST. Is it worth it?
I do not know. In the last 12 years, I have done 400 cold water dives (including ice/mine/cave/sump dives) using XTX50 and either DS4 or DST. I have no idea why one would need XTX200+FRS. Maybe it is a servicing issue?

A regulator that gives you air/gas is a good one.

So for first stage what is the downside of the fsr if i have no plans on going sidemount? I am getting into twins quickly though. I am actively looking for an xtx50 set but can find an xtx200 set for 100 euro's less for some reason.
I have both and preferred FSR hand down.
The HP port is angled down slightly so less stress on the hose.
DST is great as deco reg because of the turret.
I will buy the 200 for the same price and for 100 euro less?

Go for the 200 if it is cheaper. Very compact and "tidy". No issues for twinsets whatsoever. Get a 5th port (circled in red), it makes a hell lot of a difference in making the house routing cleaner.

Attachments

• IMG_20220601_061448996.jpg
    IMG_20220601_061448996.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20220601_061352565.jpg
    IMG_20220601_061352565.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 164
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom