Start of the winter season at Storm for me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed up to Storm this morning, was hoping to meet with Baywatch, but they were diving in the afternoon and I had to be home early afternoon. I had breakfast at The Stained Glass, then arrived at the dive site at 8:30. It was 24 degrees with gusty winds. So, not to bad for Storm. There was about 3/4 of an inch of snow and the roads were a little icy. I geared up for my first dive, vis wasn't very good. 6' at best, worse as you got deeper. When I surfaced, I found that Jeff and Sara from York Pa. had arrived. By now it had warmed up to 34 degrees, and the snow had melted. It turned into a nice day. We did another dive, out to the dam and back, a lot of current today!! Baywatch and crew picked the best part of the day for sure. Wind was slowing, and clouds were leaving, and sun was bright. A good start to The winter at Storm.

Water temps?

66 degrees at 30', and 64 degrees at 90'. Still quite warm, but vis was terrible!!

Oh wow, with those temps you could still do wetsuit.

In the water you could use a wetsuit no problem. But, when you get out in sub freezing temps you wouldn't make it very long!! At Storm it's the surface temps and wind that will get you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom