stages/deco bottles on right hand side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
I wonder how many emulators are wearing an RB80 like JJ is there...

not many and most at that level will know what they need or not.

lamont:
actually the lemmings that i'm thinking of have a couple of the old fridges...

Still? I have never spent any real amount of time on those but the guys who have used to complain that the work of breathing was ridiculous for longer dives. Lamont, right d-ring isn't a very good option. Typically, with lots of bottles you use different length of leashes on the left side. In a cave situation, particularly smaller cave, you often have to navigate this train over the line, through restrictions, etc. Having bottles on both sides would make this more uncomfortable than it already is. Used bottles would go to the longest leash or something similiar. The picks of JJ is something that so few people do that it really doesn't count. Plus, I am pretty sure that those are on the butt d-ring as previously stated. When you already have 4 gavins back there, might as well drop the extra stages there too to get them out of the way, especially when running new line.

In open water, more than 2-3 stages would generally only be deco bottles and what bottles the support divers should take would be even more clear based on the MOD and current depth the decoing divers are at currently.

As for steel O2 stages in caves, yeah the old 72 is nice, but unless it is the kind of exposure where you need a 95 of O2, using an al40 is much easier (and transferable to OW use) anyway.

RTodd:
As for steel O2 stages in caves, yeah the old 72 is nice, but unless it is the kind of exposure where you need a 95 of O2, using an al40 is much easier (and transferable to OW use) anyway.

the faber 50 that is the same size as a alum 40 is great, it actually gives you just under 50 cf when you fill from a 2250 T of o2 w/out a booster, easy to handle/swim to the drop off and isn't too heavy but on deco sometimes it's nice to have a few neg lbs if there isn't a nice place out of flow to deco in. That being said it isn't seeing the ocean...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom