St. Pete/Clearwater Dive Operator recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Ben Dauterman used to own/operate Tanks-A-Lot. He always reminded me of Willie Nelson. :D :palmtree: Bob

That's the name, I was trying to remember the captains name. I dove with them
years ago and always had a great time.

That's the name, I was trying to remember the captains name. I dove with them
years ago and always had a great time.

Ben ran a nice boat, it was always a pleasure to dive with him. :palmtree: Bob

Dive Bandit I see you are a new diver (less then a 1,000 dives) I would like to invite you on a FREE trip on my boat when you want.

You know - I really thought you were being arrogant, until I saw this one - then I KNEW you were being arrogant.

While I 100% appreciate all that you need to go through to carry more than six people, I really have to say that I (that is me personally) prefer to go on smaller boats rather than what some people refer to as 'cattle boats'. Now I haven't seen your boat - and now it is 100% certain that I never will - I am sure it is lovely - and well maintained - and very safe - and I am sure that in person, you might even be a little less of a jerk than you come across here on the board. Again, I will never know.

I came here in December - seven months temporary duty with the Navy - The people who you are bashing welcomed me with open arms, gave me great recommendations, welcomed me into their homes. Really made me feel like I belonged.

I don't know you, you don't know me - but I will be G@# D@#$%# if I will let you, in all your holier-than-thou - "look out world because I am the greatest damned SCUBA diver, spear fisherman in the whole freaking world" guy you would or could ever want to meet, badmouth these people. Your handle says you are an instructor - and there are people here who say they enjoy your trips and your company. I have to hope with all that I have that you don't use this same sorry attitude with your students. There's something in the world called humility - look up the definition, try your best to understand it, and think very hard about what you have done to your reputation here. These are the people you want to woo to your business. What's that old saying? Don't $#%^ where you eat.

Oh, and from a 'new diver' (by your own, very bizarre, definition) please feel free to choke on your gold medallion.

Mike you suck:) Can I have a free trip too?

Mike you suck:) Can I have a free trip too?

I'm surprised there is actually room on the boat for anyone except Mike and his Ego...

I have never met Mike and I understand most people here have probably formed a negative opinion on InstructorMike. After reading his posts above, I will admit that he comes off as sounding arrogant. However, I have read some good things about his charters, and his wife Heidit was very helpful to me when I was trying to locate someone who use to be affiliated with Tanks-a-lot.

I have made some posts on this forum (and other forums) that do not reflect my true character and I am sure others have also. I try to judge others on their actions and not just their words. I will withhold judgment on InstructorMike and Tanks-a-lot until I have gone out on a charter with him. It would be nice if others here would do the same.

Sean

I have never met Mike and I understand most people here have probably formed a negative opinion on InstructorMike. After reading his posts above, I will admit that he comes off as sounding arrogant. However, I have read some good things about his charters, and his wife Heidit was very helpful to me when I was trying to locate someone who use to be affiliated with Tanks-a-lot.

I have made some posts on this forum (and other forums) that do not reflect my true character and I am sure others have also. I try to judge others on their actions and not just their words. I will withhold judgment on InstructorMike and Tanks-a-lot until I have gone out on a charter with him. It would be nice if others here would do the same.

Sean

I don't have any problem giving someone the benefit of the doubt, within reason, and I doubt any other members do either. The issue for me is that Mike went way over the top, in fact he went so far over the top I don't think he could even see the top any longer. If, as you imply above, he for whatever reason posted things that were totally out of character for him, he should be adult and professional enough to post up an apology and/or explanation. Like you said, actions speak louder than words. The way he apparently chooses to represent himself and his business tells me all I need to know-AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. There are plenty of other boats in the area, I see no reason whatsoever to deny them my business while I give this clown the benefit of the doubt. Every penny given to this egomaniac is a penny not given to one of the shops or charters in the area that deserve it.

***Please remember insults are against ToS.
It is one thing to say how you feel someone is behaving but another to start name calling or hurling insults.
Just please keep that in mind.***

Maybe we should close the thread and let this go. Just my two cents.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom