St. Andrews Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrfish87

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was thinking about going to St. Andrews and camping with the family. Can anybody give me some info as to the facilities. I have been there many times but never spent the night. I see on the website they have elec and water at the tent sites. We will be setting up a tent not a camper. Looking at next weekend.

It can get busy during spring break and into the summer seasons, so its not a bad idea to reserver your spot(even for tent camping). The restrooms have showers and are kept reasonably clean. The camping areas are lined up pretty much side to side, so don't expect much privacy. They do have water and electric hookups.

There is/was(?) a dive shop inside the park boundaries, not sure if they still open it or not. Several within a few miles of outside the park.

Thank you Matt. Been in New Olreans Lately.??

The dive shop inside park is closed, but PCDC is just outside the gate at the red light.

mrfish87:
Thank you Matt. Been in New Olreans Lately.??

I stayed there last night and worked yesterday and today. Still staying out there about a night, every two weeks or so.

The sea life on the rocks at the jetties is the best I've ever seen it !!!
Was down there on the 10th.

Temp was 60* at 60'.

Yellow Angel Fish and I have camped there several times. Clean restrooms with hook ups. Rates are pretty average.

the K

I'm glad to hear that K. I'll be doing the jetties this weekend. WooHoo, salt water hear I come!!!

Yes - The dive shop inside St. Andrews is open- was just there this past weekend. Think it is open until Oct.
Hear the diving is awesome there as well - you never see thsame thing twice. I am about 4 hours away and can't wait to go and play !!!!

mrfish87:
I was thinking about going to St. Andrews and camping with the family. Can anybody give me some info as to the facilities. I have been there many times but never spent the night. I see on the website they have elec and water at the tent sites. We will be setting up a tent not a camper. Looking at next weekend.

Others have given you the main answers you needed, I just want to warn you about the spring breakers. They are here already, so definetly reserve or at least call in advance to make sure there are available sites, and don't count on going to the supermarket around here, the area west of the bridge is and will be a zoo for the next few weeks.

Fortunately most of them just want to party, only a small percentage go diving while here. You should have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom