Sr1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I got my SR1 the second stage was attached to the first, but nothing else came with it (attached or otherwise), which was what I expected.

I then had to disassemble it to put my Miflex hose on to the second stage, and then attach BCD inflator and SPG.

Thank you everyone for easing my suspicions. I have a new question now, if I gently shake the unit, it sounds like something is loose inside the first stage. Again paranoia strikes. I popped it onto a tank and it seems to work ok, but that little rattling in the first stage is worrisome. This is my first non-traditional sherwood ie... no dry bleed and piston. So should the "rattle" worry me or is this the norm for the SR1?

Sometimes I hate new gear.

The rattling would concern me. The 1st stage should not have anything rattling in it. Have your dealer take a quick look at it and figure out what that might be.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

The rattling would concern me. The 1st stage should not have anything rattling in it. Have your dealer take a quick look at it and figure out what that might be.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

So it seems like something may have indeed come loose in the first stage. <sigh...> back to the shop. Thanks Sherwood Rep and all who posted. I really hate new gear.

Question, since I already registered it for warranty, if the shop replaces the unit how can I change my warranty to reflect the new unit as well as releasing the old serial back to the pool?

That's not a bog deal at all. Just let me know if they do replace it we can change the serial number with the webmaster of the Sherwood site.

So here is the end result.
i went back to the shop and explained my situation. After telling me this was "normal" the tech came out and took the time to open the first stage to show me how it works (I'm an engineer and therefore comprehend tech) and asuage my concerns. Then we popped it onto a tank and checked out the unit to my satisfaction. Since it is a hybrid design (piston/diaphram) the little slug under the diaphram has to be able to move as the chamber fills with air and pushes the little feet up to move the slug. A unique design to say the least. So, I'm once again a happy guy and do not hate new gear, today...

Thank you Sherwood rep. I'm keeping the unit and will continue to be a Sherwood fan.
Jack B.

Hmmm, that diaghram you talk about is just an enviromental seal.

............but yes, the metal disc (slug as you mentioned) under the enviromental seal dos rattle around a bit.

Glad to hear it worked out well. The SR1 seems to have picked up a bad rap on SB, but I have to say that I love mine. Toying with the idea of buying a second one.

Hmmm, that diaghram you talk about is just an enviromental seal.

............but yes, the metal disc (slug as you mentioned) under the enviromental seal dos rattle around a bit.

sorry wrong description, yes the environmental seal. since I was new to the design, I was worried at first. thanks for chiming in.

Glad to hear it worked out well. The SR1 seems to have picked up a bad rap on SB, but I have to say that I love mine. Toying with the idea of buying a second one.

Thanks Rhone. I'm trying to love it. I have been coveting it since it came out. However there is something to be said for the simplicity of my magnum. BTW I did opt for the miflex hoses, man these things are cool! Gonna put em on the mag as well.

Has anyone noticed the seal cover balooning up a bit?

Yes, I think the environmental seal is supposed to bulge as part of the "dry bleed" of air bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom