Sr1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twistedarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just recieved my SR1 today and to my dismay there was no LP inflator hose and the 1st and 2nd stage were connected, is this right??????

I just recieved my SR1 today and to my dismay there was no LP inflator hose and the 1st and 2nd stage were connected, is this right??????

Nope, it was supposed to come NOT put together and with a BC and computer as well as the LP hose.....:wink:

This is one of those questions you have to read twice just to be sure you really read it correctly the first time. But I guess can understand some of the confusion given that (eventually) all the hoses stay attached to the first stage.

New regs normally come with the first and second stage connected by the LP hose and are in effect ready to dive.

BC's, not regulators, always come with an inflator hose - provided they come with an inflator. On some brands/models you buy the inflator separately, but in that case the inflator comes with a hose.

SPG's, SPG/depth gauge combos and air integrated computers all come with the high pressure hose.

Dry suits come with an inflator hose.

Octos come with a low pressure hose.

So in effect, if you buy the thing at goes at the non first stage end of the hose, the hose comes with it.

Now, if you look at it from that perspective it all makes sense.

Thank you DA and DRIS. DA, i have found your posts to be insightful as well as authoratative so thanks for your breakdown. I'm suspicious because i have purchased other sherwood regs and NONE of them came pre assemled and had lp inflator hoses. Now I can't speak about the SR1 as this is my first however, to not come with a generic Lp inflator hose as well as assembled gives me pause for it to be suspect. I would like to hear from sherwood or another person that has purchased one to confirm my suspicions before I tirade down at the dive shop.

Thank you DA and DRIS. DA, i have found your posts to be insightful as well as authoratative so thanks for your breakdown. I'm suspicious because i have purchased other sherwood regs and NONE of them came pre assemled and had lp inflator hoses. Now I can't speak about the SR1 as this is my first however, to not come with a generic Lp inflator hose as well as assembled gives me pause for it to be suspect. I would like to hear from sherwood or another person that has purchased one to confirm my suspicions before I tirade down at the dive shop.

When you purchased your other Sherwood regs, did you get them from a dive shop? If so it's common for a lot of dive shops to include an inflator hose so your reg is complete, if you're not buying a BC with it.

I've never purchased a Sherwood reg, but I've bought something like 8 regs from shops (and several used, but that's a different story), and none of them came with inflator hoses, those were always added after the fact.

When I was last in Florida couple of weeks ago, I visit scuba network, they show me the SR1 straight out for the box, and the 1st and 2nd stage were connect with the lp hose, no lp bc hose. It looks like a very nice reg. Enjoy

When I was last in Florida couple of weeks ago, I visit scuba network, they show me the SR1 straight out for the box, and the 1st and 2nd stage were connect with the lp hose, no lp bc hose. It looks like a very nice reg. Enjoy

Thank you for the info. This was just out of my usual experience so I had to question it. No other reg I have purchased has come pre-assembled (sherwood, oceanic) or without the inflator hose.

Thank you for the info. This was just out of my usual experience so I had to question it. No other reg I have purchased has come pre-assembled (sherwood, oceanic) or without the inflator hose.

Actually every reg I brought came pre assemble and without the inflator hose. 2 cressi, a genesis, an oceanic and an aeris. For me it is the way I would expect it. :D

Last edited:
the sr1 comes first stage with second stage attatched. it arrives at the dive shop that way. all other hoses, etc are additional purchases.

SPG's, SPG/depth gauge combos and air integrated computers all come with the high pressure hose.
Now, if you look at it from that perspective it all makes sense.

SPG / Depth Gauge do not necessarily come with a hose OR a boot. while this isn't the topic in question, I just wanted to point that out.

I hope you enjoy your SR1. It really has served me well in my diving so far. I live in the northeast US so haven't tried it up here yet but 60 dives in less than 4 months and it's performed extremely well for me. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom