Spring strap position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm I guess so. I sent him a PM referring him to this thread so he'll be along sometime.

Well, when you get here Larry, what do you think? Also will it matter for the return if I hop in the pool with them and try it out. (I promise to wash them with freshwater afterwards! ;-) )

If you're just trying them dry then you're feeling them at their worst. When they get wet your booties should seat deeper in the pockets and relieve some of the pressure. My straps settle in at that "low point" about 2 inches up from my heel. After a minute or so I forget they are there.

FWIW mine are home made on Aeris Velocities.

heee... I am also working on my DIY spring straps after having a stock one.... It is going to be six sets......

In that case I will definitley try them wet. I do agree that once you get wet the fins start fitting closer.

hoosier:
heee... I am also working on my DIY spring straps after having a stock one.... It is going to be six sets......

Make sure you add the internal cave line to limit the spring extension. I used the 1/16 wire X 1/2 OD stainless springs and still managed to yank one out of shape. Now I have the cords in there.

Pete

Yes, I know it after reading a numerous posts here. Thanks. The worst part is to puncture a derlin rod....

spectrum:
Make sure you add the internal cave line to limit the spring extension. I used the 1/16 wire X 1/2 OD stainless springs and still managed to yank one out of shape one. Now I have the cords in there.

Pete
Good idea for me too. If I do decide to keep these, it looks like it will be easy enough to add the line to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom