Spring life expectancy - Scubapro 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, yes.

Do us a favor please and replace one item at a time.

No promises Couv unless you have a specific reason. I can give you the old spring and orafice if you want them.

I learned as an Armorer, never waste twenty dollars of my time to save a five dollar part. When I get out of the case and get that thing correctly tuned, I don’t want to go back in anytime soon.

unless you have a specific reason.
Yes, so you can narrow down where the problems is. Other than that you are just shot gun trouble shooting. Of course you know that if you replace the orifice you'll have to also replace the seat. Why not just start with the spring and see if that solves it. 1 min of your time may save several next time not to mention replacing parts that don't require it.

never waste twenty dollars of my time to save a five dollar part.

Go on-take one for the team!

I can give you the old spring and orafice if you want them.

Yes, please.

I have found that the G250, B/A, etc... tune better with a new spring, so when I get one, I usually replace the spring. I believe it's the same spring that's used in the downstream unbalanced regs like the R190, only it's compressed much more in the downstream poppet. This is a different spring than the large one in the unbalanced barrel poppet regs like the 109.

I have found that the G250, B/A, etc... tune better with a new spring, so when I get one, I usually replace the spring. I believe it's the same spring that's used in the downstream unbalanced regs like the R190, only it's compressed much more in the downstream poppet. This is a different spring than the large one in the unbalanced barrel poppet regs like the 109.

You are correct sir. That spring, SP p/n 01-020-216 is used in the AIR 2, BA/G250/G250HP,....well, it would be easier to name the few that it's not found in. Those regulators are: G200 and 109. As a matter of fact the A700 and G250V in their early iterations also used the -216 but now sport a -218 which make me wonder if the new spring is backwardly compatible to all of the other models that contain a -216

@rsingler and @JackD342 can one of you guys send a spy into the Land of Dupre' and find out?

You are correct sir. That spring SP p/n 01-020-216 is used in the AIR 2, BA/G250/G250HP.....well, it would be easier to name the few that it's not found in. Those regulators are: G200 and 109. As a matter of fact the A700 and G250V in their early iterations also used the -216 but now sport a -218 which make me wonder if the new spring is backwardly compatible to all of the other models that contain a -216

@rsingler and @JackD342 can one of you guys send a spy into the Land of Dupre' and find out?
Sorry, I am not a Scubapro SME. My brands are Aqualung, Apeks, Sherwood, Mares, and Cressi. Still have my Aeris references too.

You are correct sir. That spring, SP p/n 01-020-216 is used in the AIR 2, BA/G250/G250HP,....well, it would be easier to name the few that it's not found in. Those regulators are: G200 and 109. As a matter of fact the A700 and G250V in their early iterations also used the -216 but now sport a -218 which make me wonder if the new spring is backwardly compatible to all of the other models that contain a -216

I can't see why it wouldn't be backwards compatible, I've some coming, I'll have a play when they come in.

Y'all have a schematic for anything but the A700 and the G250V after 2008 with a 218 on it?

In any case, since the 218 was added to the later G250V, then if you can get any reg that used the 216 to tune properly with the 218, you should be fine. Occasionally, I've had weak springs that I shim with a ring like the G500's 11.500.029. There is a McMaster equivalent: 95630A217.

Y'all have a schematic for anything but the A700 and the G250V after 2008 with a 218 on it?

In any case, since the 218 was added to the later G250V, then if you can get any reg that used the 216 to tune properly with the 218, you should be fine. Occasionally, I've had weak springs that I shim with a ring like the G500's 11.500.029. There is a McMaster equivalent: 95630A217.

I do, you want one ?

What would the difference be? If a G250V et al all used a .216 why would they change it and why would it not be backwards compatible, nothing else has changed. I'm having difficulty understanding.

Sure, Simon! I'll take a schematic. What other reg uses that spring? I am unaware.

You're exactly right. Since both were used in the G250V, then logically there's no reason that 218 wouldn't be backward compatible.

I'm wracking my memory from the equipment seminars trying to remember what the reason for the switch was. It had something to do with clearance, or a coating, or friction. But it was for a different reg. Does the S620Ti use the 218? I can't find a schematic for that reg, though I thought I had one. Actually, I think it was the C350/360/370. That may be where the clearance issue came up...
My memory fails me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom