Spring Fool's Megadive 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jean's gonna give us an update on Ginnie and we can ask her about the weather also.

In the mean time, David (scubafool), Dawn and myself usually do a good portion of the work for the food preparation with the help of a few volunteers.

So this is what we need for volunteers this time. If a differant person will choose each thing it will make lite work and we can all have a fun weekend. So who are my slaves, opps I mean volunteers. That way you'll know what your doing ahead of time I won't need to beat you. (Jenny) Just kidding! :D

Cut up and set out fixins for the mega omelettes Saturday morning. (need 1-2 people)
Egg Cracker Saturday morning.
Clean up and put things away after breakfast.
Help with the grilling for dinner Saturday.
Set up food table for the dinner. (need 1-2 people)
Clean up, move and put things away from dinner. (need 2-3 people)
Cut up and set out fixins for the mega omelettes Sunday morning.
Egg Cracker Sunday morning.
Clean up and put things away after breakfast.

Thank you everyone!

Lots of rain at ginnie today. Still got two nice dives in. Showers were nice and hot ! Lots of tubers too , even with the rainy weather.
Water was it's usual 72 degrees and nice and clear.
River is still a little low , and slightly tanic.

Turkey roost had a party in the pavilion. I thought , next weekend , that will be us !!! (SMILE)

Thanks!
Jean

Roxanne, I believe I had already volunteered for the Saturday grilling.

Also, we would be very happy to assist with cutting up the omelette fixings.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Sleeping bags aired out. Air mattress inflated and tested for leaks.

Next week will involve needed equipment/food/beverage purchases.

So, glow-sticks and firewood are covered?

I'll help with grilling and setting out omelet fixings.

Jean's gonna give us an update on Ginnie and we can ask her about the weather also.

In the mean time, David (scubafool), Dawn and myself usually do a good portion of the work for the food preparation with the help of a few volunteers.

So this is what we need for volunteers this time. If a differant person will choose each thing it will make lite work and we can all have a fun weekend. So who are my slaves, opps I mean volunteers. That way you'll know what your doing ahead of time I won't need to beat you. (Jenny) Just kidding! :D
Thank you everyone!

Thanks Jean for the update.
So far we have these chores covered, but need more volunteers.

Cut up and set out fixins for the mega omelettes Saturday morning. (need 1-2 people) Insta-Gator
Egg Cracker Saturday morning.
Clean up and put things away after breakfast Saturday.
[-]Help with the grilling for dinner Saturday.[/-] Insta-Gator and Tao of the Dive
Set up food table and pavilion for the Saturday dinner. (need 1-2 people)
Clean up, move and put things away from Saturday dinner. (need 2-3 people)
[-]Cut up and set out fixins for the mega omelettes Sunday morning.[/-] Tao of the Dive
Egg Cracker Sunday morning.
Clean up and put things away after breakfast Sunday.

We will have 2 coffee pots going each morning and a water pot for hot chocolate. Everyone is welcome to partake of the nectar! :wink: If you can bring your own coffee mug, that would be helpful.
Some of you haven't signed up for what you bringing, so get jiggy with it. :rofl3:
Times a running out. :D
I'll post the food list 1 or 2 more times this week. Can't wait to see everyone soon!

And Gary the glow sticks are covered, but if you want to bring some firewood instead of some of the other items, that would be fine!

Weather Forcast for next Friday/Saturday:
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 86.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Weather Forcast for next Friday/Saturday:
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 86.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Perfect! Thanks for ordering that wonderful weather for all of us Jean! :D

Can't wait to enjoy some popcorn around the fire!

Last edited:
Various promised items purchased today, including two bags of charcoal, paper towels, forks, 6 aluminium pans, lighter. Other promised items will be acquired in a few days.

Sleeping bags aired out and repacked. Air mattress inflated and tested. :thumb: The excitement is building.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom