Spring Fling Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got into the bone ceremony on my first trip as well. They weren't wrong, and I think the new tooth will only add to the mystique of the bones! :)

I am so irked I missed this event. Please. I merely make a comment here. I don't need to be chastized. I am already bummed enough. :(

What a great weekend... It was great getting to meet everyone and put faces with screen names... Good food, good diving, good stories... what more can you wish for.

For me it was a two-fer as we pulled up and lo and behold was Ron Carlo and his lovely side-kick from Dive Rite. My Christmas present, a new Transpak, was giving me fits and very patiently Ron and his wife worked for what seemed like an hour to help make big and small adjustments to allow me to do at least one dive in the manner Dive Rites are famous for. I really do appreciate all the time and effort they spent with me.

And the guys from Surface Interval were wonderful also.

Can't wait for the next get together. I have alraedy been told we will be there Friday and not leave til Sunday...

Thanks again and can't to see you all underwater...

Charlie and Donna

It was great to meet everyone!!! I was there the whole time and missed The Bone Show. I must have been underwater during the exciting event. Hope to see you all again! So tired... going to sleep now!

It was great to meet everyone!!! I was there the whole time and missed The Bone Show. I must have been underwater during the exciting event. Hope to see you all again! So tired... going to sleep now!

Spoken like a true Swamper: Dive, Post, Sleep. :D

Sorry I was unable to make it. I was learning the basics to some new recruits.:eyebrow: I'm glad everyone had a great time. Hopefully, we can do it again at a time when my line of work is not 24/7.

Oh my gosh that was so much fun. I wish we could have stayed all weekend! Fooman2 & I got there on Saturday morning, introduced ourselves to the rest of the group and then had to swing over to the ST pavilion to finish up our AOW. Before we left, Timeliner did the bone ceremony to show us which way to go on our dive. According to the bones, we were to go towards the plane from Camp DIMWIT and along the way there would be a surprise. Well, we headed out to our first dive with norine62 & liv7301, going in the direction the bones told us too of course, and low and behold....we found our surprise....Foo, and I never confirmed but I believe it was Firefyter! We saw 2 divers just cruising the wall, I waved at them and then saw the infamous fins....that's my mom! Anyway, we were back and forth between the ST pavilion and Camp DIMWIT the whole day. Maybe next time we will be with the group more. We had great hippy food and listened to some great hippy music thanks to ScubaTexasTony. I watched a few rookies burn some marshmallows and had some of the nastiest jello shots ever, or should we call them large jello molds? Man, was it fun! To all of you that couldn't make it, we missed you!

Last edited:
So where was I during the bone ceremony? Can't believe I've missed another one. I really wish I could have stayed the night but have to work on Sundays. It was definitely a great time had by all and next time we do this I'm putting in for Sunday off, heck I might put in for Monday too to give me a day to recover! Getting up at 0500 on Sunday was NOT fun.

I had a fabulous time at the get-together this weekend! We rolled in about 6:30 on Fri. evening (FooMan ended up working Friday so we were running late) and met up with the Dimwit campers already hanging out in the Shaded Circle of Knowledge (it's much easier to be wise in the shade!) As already reported, FooMan and I did a dive while the Early Ones ate. I must say I was extremely pleased with the vis- wow! We haven't seen it that good at CSSP since the drought summers we've had. Now that the lake is back up, it sure seems like that was the vis cure. Throughout the weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the dives, seeing several turtles, huge shark-looking catfish, about a 6-7 lb bass, and tons of fingerling and babies everywhere in the grasses. The walls were as cool as ever- I feel like a bird flying alongside a cliff when I dive those northeastern walls. So therefore, it is my favorite dive site at CSSP.

Hanging in the Circle of Knowledge was great fun- "Guess the Occupation" turned out to be a pretty good impromptu game, we certainly learned about each other! What a diverse group divers are, especially Swamp Divers! I love the way everyone begins to bond after finding out we're different but yet the same... The most well-behaved person at the event was also the youngest- almost 4 yr old Natalie was a jewel and a delight to join the party.

FooMan had a karate tournament in Mesquite on Sat., so he left early and I was sleeping oh so soundly in my nice soft bed when I was rudely awakened by loud banging on the door... the Cowardly Culprit was nowhere to be found after I sprang out of bed, bright eyed and bushy tailed. After accusing several fairly innocent looking folks of being the CC, I spotted him- poor Firefyter had the most hurt look in his eyes when being accused, but it was not good enough, he was totally busted. The Stubborn One maintained his innocence throughout the day, but he must be having a hard time living with himself about now...

Dimwitted Swampers came and went throughout the day, both small and large groups went diving, and I think everyone had a LARGE time... the Timeliner Bones were indeed correct once again. I thought Foo2 and FooMan2 left a little hastily after that ceremony, but they did admit later to the accuracy of the Bones. I am sure the new bovine addition to the collection has added to the mystique and reverence of the ceremony.

The Circle of Knowledge ebbed and flowed throughout the day, keeping it pretty thick around there... when I finished my last dive for the day, ScubaTexasTony was being patched with butterfly bandages- a piece of wood flew into his forehead while he was chopping firewood, thereby effectively ending his diving for the trip- the booboo was right where his mask seals, of course. However, he and Bren were still capable of making a Killer Omelete the next morning, and thanks to Bren also for the Fried Toast, YUMMM. It also didn't keep Tony from providing our personal background music to help keep the revelrie going. Perfect addition.

And what can you say about a man who brings fabulous, killer fajitas and brats with all the trimmings, and cooks at the drop of a hat for everyone to enjoy?! David, thank you so much again for the way you care for your fellow divers. You are truly a Dimwit amongst Dimwits... (hmmmm... was that a compliment?)

The Sat. night crowd was small, but effective. I'm sure the highlight of the weekend for K-Valve and the non-tequila drinking ChrisPete was the margarita Jello shots that were imbibed- reluctantly at first, but later with gusto... I ran out of small cups, so what else is a Foo to do but use big ones??? 'Nuff said about that, except although there was a little moaning and groaning, I was asked for the recipe later...

It was great to meet new friends (RUMBUM- total connection!) and old, and to just chill out together and do what we love- dive. Thanks to my dive buddy, FtWDiver for several great dives. Thanks also for everyone who came, and I'm very sorry for those of you who were unable- a Fall Fling is a definite must, let's plan a date SOON so that people are able to plan. Oh yeah, Kunkles and Alan- we didn't get to spend much time visiting (I did swipe a brownie, thanks!!), but I know we'll have another chance, so I'm looking forward to that!

All in all, I just gotta say a big, "I LOVE YOU, MAN!" to all.

P.S. (I keep thinking of more stuff and I gotta get off this computer and get something done!)Aaron, I also gotta thank you for giving my husband new occupational goals... he is now seriously considering a career in the film industry, you are the MAN. And Trout has the sweetest smile ever, I want to get to know him! And I finally got to meet Chucksaul and Donna, please join us again soon. I must have been diving when you left, Ken- I was really glad to see you get out to the pond again!

I'm sure I'll be back later...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom